Wife of Missing Soldier Faces Deportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
AP
BOSTON (June 20) - The wife of a U.S. soldier missing in Iraq could face deportation, her lawyer told a television station.
Authorities became aware of Yaderlin Jimenez's illegal status after her husband requested a green card for her.
Army Spec. Alex Jimenez, who has been missing since his unit was attacked by insurgents in Iraq on May 12, had petitioned for a green card for his wife, Yaderlin, whom he married in 2004, Boston's WBZ-TV reported Tuesday. Their attorney, Matthew Kolken, said Yaderlin illegally entered the United States from the Dominican Republic in 2001. Her husband's request for a green card and legal residence status for her alerted authorities to her situation, Kolken said.

See Wife of missing GI could face deportation - The Boston Globe

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
as an ex-military guy i understand this situation. but the law is the law regardless when it come to immigration. she should be deported ASAP !!

Rocvill214

Aug 23, 2004
as an ex-military guy i understand this situation. but the law is the law regardless when it come to immigration. she should be deported ASAP !!

Well as a current military member I think your an ass, she may have lost her husband and now will get deported, put yourself in others shoes!!!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I disagree. She should not be deported. He is married to her and is MIA at this present time. We should not be heartless. She has enough on her mind at this time. I'm sure she is beside herself with grief not knowing if her husband is alive or dead.

HER issue does not need to be visited by our gov't at this precise moment. There are about 11 million other illegal aliens they can pay attention to and or bother. She doesn't need to be their focus.

What a disgrace.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Maybe we should deport all the gringos that overstay their tourist visa ASAP.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not in favor of illegal imm.

I am totally against ill. imm. into the U.S. BUT I fail to see your point. IE: what does the fact that you "are an ex-military guy" have to do with the price of apples in CHina? And, why"" ASAP--is there something you k now about this woman that should be reported to Home Land Security that we don't know?

Over to you General!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Maybe if your deportation idea doesn't work out we'll just put a shyte load of coal in her kid's stocking for Christmas. That will show her--yeh??

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

You are an ass. No other word printable describes you at this moment.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A

This woman has sacraficed enough. She should be allowed to stay. This coming from an ex-military guy and present day law enforcement.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
As long as Senators Kerry and Kennedy are around she will be going nowhere. They will use this situation for political gain. Probally packing her up to testify infront of congress on immigration reform. These 2 clowns have pull and she will be sporting a green card by this time next year. I feel for this woman and hers is a special case. But for the bleeding heart liberals out there. What part if illegal in " illegal immigrant " do you not understand.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i agree Jumbo. so let's just "pimp" her for political gain. i guess "ILLEGAL" is not in these posters vocabulary. :ermm:

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
I am totally against ill. imm. into the U.S. BUT I fail to see your point. IE: what does the fact that you "are an ex-military guy" have to do with the price of apples in CHina? And, why"" ASAP--is there something you k now about this woman that should be reported to Home Land Security that we don't know?

Over to you General!

there is more to this story than what you read in the newspapers.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I saw the news this morning and they stated that Alex Jimenez's wife will be allowed to stay in the US.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the soldier and his wife. no entiendo ingles ? :ermm: are you illegal too ? :laugh:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
the soldier and his wife. no entiendo ingles ? :ermm: are you illegal too ? :laugh:

Keep your gun holstered big guy and don't worry about my English or grammar.

Yes I am illegal. Guilty of drinking before turning 21 and smoking in restrictive places.
Any other personal info you canfind in the phone directory that you're sitting on.
John

ssasy

Mar 5, 2006
I saw the news last night and they said that immigration closed the case and she will not be deported to the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.