is there any way to do the name check?

Ilya

Jun 20, 2007
Not sure, if it is a real estate or a legal question. Dear moderator, please move it to another thread, if you think it belongs there. I was wondering if there is a way to check via lawyer or notary or public records or something else, if a specific person bought/sold something? I was hoping that DR has some sort of records/titles office and every transaction is written there and can be checked. Please correct me if I am wrong and it is not possible. Many thanks!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not sure, if it is a real estate or a legal question. Dear moderator, please move it to another thread, if you think it belongs there. I was wondering if there is a way to check via lawyer or notary or public records or something else, if a specific person bought/sold something? I was hoping that DR has some sort of records/titles office and every transaction is written there and can be checked. Please correct me if I am wrong and it is not possible. Many thanks!
If you mean a central data bank, I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
In other words

who holds the title to the property? In the U.S. this is a very simple and common question--title search. Does it exist in DR? Dont know.
john

Ilya

Jun 20, 2007
when you do a title search in DR, the key word is the owner or the property?
can I check a specific address like 123 Columbus apt 5 or I check John Smith and what he owns. can I check both? Thanks!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
when you do a title search in DR, the key word is the owner or the property?
can I check a specific address like 123 Columbus apt 5 or I check John Smith and what he owns. can I check both? Thanks!

Here's what Mr Guzman (DR lawyer) has posted;

Property searches at Registry of Title offices can only be done if the cadastral number of the property in question is known. It is not possible to do a search by the name of the owner.

If the location of the property is known, the cadastral number can be easily obtained from the general area maps available.

Ilya

Jun 20, 2007
so, if i understand you correctly, there is absolutely no way to check if a specific person owns property in dr, if i don't know the location of the property? it has to be some other way, then this cadastral #, should be more then one way to do the name search? thank you!