What are your favourite Drinks?

RichMoneymaker

Jul 1, 2006
Good day all, just about finishing up planning our vacation. Been to punta cana before (last year) and we had a few different kinds of drink, but not as wide of a variety as i would have liked to.. can everyone reccommened some drinks that me and my group should try, and perhaps a brief description of the ingredients or the taste.

The ones i have tried are
bahama/banana mama, coco loco, and mojitos

thanks in advance

cheers!!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Ice cold water usually, but I am also keen on a glass of Barbancourt "5 ?toiles" on the rocks with a bit of lime...

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Banana Papa

1 jigger Green creme de Menthe
One Banana
1 jigger rum
1/2 cup of coconut milk
3 ice cubes
Blend for nirvana in a glass!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Margarita! Basically anything that isn't sweet and cloying.

Caipirinha and mojitos are good too.

The Brit in me appreciates a long cool G&T, and Pimms.

Dry Martini... an ice cold Manzanilla (sherry)...

Get me to a bar, now.

RichMoneymaker

Jul 1, 2006
are all these things i can get at a resort bar? like i just want to go up and ask for them at the bar.. enjoy some drinks i have never had before.. were doing the tourist drinks, or at least that is what i think everyone on the forums refer to them as.. its mostly girls going with a few guys, me being one of the guys.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
"Coco loco", (my invention): Coconut water mixed with gin, tonic and minced ginger on crushed ice. It will clear your sinuses and will make you think you can dance very well, really.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Claro, I even bought mini bottles of eSprite so each drink has lotsa fizz.

tambo'

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
I think there might be a few drinks called coco loco, but that one sounds alright. Another good one is scotch and coco water, nice combo.

Hmm, apart from that you might as well go for the tropical fruit drinks w/ rum or your liquor of choice.