Motorcyclers on the Way to Barahona on July 6

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
The gang from motorcycler.com is leaving to Barahona from San Juan on the 6th of July. We hope to tour the whole of Barahona, Independencia, Bahoruco and Pedernales with a little side trip to San Juan de la Maguana.

Just letting everyone know in advance in case you might want to meet as surely we would like to know some of the friends on the forum. Also if you want to dust off that bike and get on the road with us for a day we surely will welcome it.

Stay tuned for our on the road reports which this year should be a reality if all works out.

Last edited:

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Is this the motorcycle group that rode thru Boca Chica on or about June 3, 2007?

Nope that group was another one made up of younger bikers that my friend Tony put together. It was huge... after June 3rd there was still another group from another friend from Ponce Cycles which was about 65 bikes in total...

Nut I believe that the Boca Chica group was close to 200 bikes...

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Uh, you guys won't be going near Cabarete, right?

You don't want to terrorize anyone...

We usually try to stay out of places like Cabarete because we don't want to be terrorized. Too many tourists, too many traps, you got to keep an eye on everything it's just like here in San Juan...

Nope we like the open country...small villages and eco type areas.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Nope that group was another one made up of younger bikers that my friend Tony put together. It was huge... after June 3rd there was still another group from another friend from Ponce Cycles which was about 65 bikes in total...

Nut I believe that the Boca Chica group was close to 200 bikes...

It had to have been close to 200 bikers or more. It was a well organized event.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
The gang from motorcycler.com is leaving to Barahona from San Juan on the 6th of July. We hope to tour the whole of Barahona, Independencia, Bahoruco and Pedernales with a little side trip to San Juan de la Maguana...

It would be great to meet you guys, do you think you'd be in the Barahona area on Saturday, July 7th?

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
I surely think so...

Yes Marilyn we should be arriving in beautiful downtown Barahona at around 3:00PM. We'll be at the Magnolias Hotel this year on Anacaona St.

And yes it would be great to chat a while and get to know you. We should clear Don Diego in Santo Domingo before noon and zip where gone on the way to Barahona.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Yes Marilyn we should be arriving in beautiful downtown Barahona at around 3:00PM. We'll be at the Magnolias Hotel this year on Anacaona St.

And yes it would be great to chat a while and get to know you. We should clear Don Diego in Santo Domingo before noon and zip where gone on the way to Barahona.

Great, I think I will be arriving in Barahona around that time since I wil also be leaving Santo Domingo at noon. I am looking forward to meeting you guys, I might stay at the Magnolias also.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
honk if you see us on the highway...

Last Sunday, on the way back from San Juan de la Maguana, on a stretch of road between Los Bancos and Cruce Las Yayas, I was passed by a gaggle of howling harleys, maybe twenty in all, going at least 200 kph, so fast I couldn't even read the insignia on their vests, much less for them to hear me honk. Any idea who they where?

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
It was probably Los Nativos from Santo Domingo...

I got this from them... Great bunch!!!
Se?ores, por ah? vienen las patronales de San Juan de la Maguana.

El viaje ser? del viernes 22 al domingo 24. Ya muchos me dieron parte del dinero y sus habitaciones est?n reservadas, as? que paguen los dem?s, para que no se queden. Recuerden que es patronales y los pocos hoteles se llenan. P?nganse las pilas.

M?s informaci?n y detalles en el foro privado.

La vaina va!!!!!!!!!!

El Gusano

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
New Motorcycle Group in Santiago

There is a new motorcycle group forming in Santiago,,, "Los Gringos!" All types of bikes welcome. Please submit possible logos for the vest.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Nativos...

After rewinding the tape and running it forward again, that was the only word readable on the back of one of the riders, Nativos..... Most were riding alone, however, two or three had backriders. I noticed though that they didn't stop at the obligatory military checkpoint at the place called El Puerto, before crossing the Yaque del Sur river. There are long stretches of recently paved road between 15 de Azua and San Juan de la Maguana, full of steep climbs, downward slopes, with soft spinning curves that surely must be bike heaven for riders...

gardito

Jan 15, 2004
Hey! I was on that Boca Chica trip !! We had 168 bikes from PR, plus the 20 odd from the DR. It was a pretty good ride from BC to Santiago..

E.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
After rewinding the tape and running it forward again, that was the only word readable on the back of one of the riders, Nativos..... Most were riding alone, however, two or three had backriders. I noticed though that they didn't stop at the obligatory military checkpoint at the place called El Puerto, before crossing the Yaque del Sur river. There are long stretches of recently paved road between 15 de Azua and San Juan de la Maguana, full of steep climbs, downward slopes, with soft spinning curves that surely must be bike heaven for riders...

You know it!!! We never stop at military checkpoints. Usually just a waive and go kind of a thing. We'll be going to San Juan from Barahona on our upcoming trip so we will surely have a go at that road for sure. Last year on the way to Pelempito we let the gas go on a great stretch of road and were doing in places about 115mph...oh what a rush!!! But the highway was perfect and the day was just right to open up all six cilynders and let her go rabid....

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Hey! I was on that Boca Chica trip !! We had 168 bikes from PR, plus the 20 odd from the DR. It was a pretty good ride from BC to Santiago..

E.
QUe bueno Gardito... Tony is a buddy that puts that trip together and the group is a big blast. Glad you enjoyed it!

Maybe one of these days you guys can gome to Borinquen and pay us a visit and ride...

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
There is a new motorcycle group forming in Santiago,,, "Los Gringos!" All types of bikes welcome. Please submit possible logos for the vest.

Hey Lupe do you know "El Canario"? Old rider from Santiago and a good friend!! I think he belongs to the Caballeros de la Carretera.

Saludos and good luck on your group!