help where can I buy this in the dominican republic ?

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
Hello
I'm going to Europe for the first time, and I will be staying in amsterdam for a couple of days. I have been warned that this is a very dangerous city, so I've been told that you must Keep tickets, money etc on you in an inner pocket and /or money belt throughout the whole journey. A flat fabric shoulder bag ( the old "Hippy" type) worn INSIDE your outermost garment, (coat, jacket etc,) is also good for this.
Do u know where I could find a money belt in the Dr ?
I live in santiago

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
If you are a woman the Sirena cells a girtle with pockets for money /or a man get glases case solf side fold money thru center and zip-up atached with safty pin to inner garments. Send me e-mail I got the case in closet. I am in Santiago also.www.Mariaobetsanov@codetel.ned.do

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
The amusing thing is that people in Amsterdam are probably warned the same way when they are travelling to Santiago.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Yes, when in Amsterdam, never, ever, leave the resort!!!! It's just too dangerous, and there's nothing interesting there to see worth risking your life for anyway.

Just kidding, Amsterdam is a lovely city, it's my home town! About safety, it is not a dangerous city, not at all.
Yes there are a lot of pickpockets in the touristy areas, so if you look like a naive tourist and carry all your life savings in your purse, and flash it regularly, that's not very wise. But the thing is, there are very few guns, petty criminals certainly won't have one, and there is not a lot of violence. A whole lot less homicides and violent crime than in the DR or the US.
So it is a very safe city, with a bit of petty crime targeted at tourists and crowds. I know a city where drugs are legal and that's famous for its red light district may sound as a dangerous place to North American ears, but it really isn't. During the day the red light district is a real touristy area, elder Japanese tourists walking around, families, etc.
I always have my money in my backpocket, but then I don't look like a tourist and don't go to touristy areas that often. I would just leave most cash in your hotel and don't put your purse in an open handbag for the world to see, but if you really want to buy a money belt, it's the kind of thing that's sold at airport shops, certainly when arriving at Schiphol. But I really wouldn't get into a fix over it. Enjoy your stay here, and if you need any tips about the city, send me a pm.