Apartment Rental

CindyB

May 14, 2007
Hello everyone

Can someone please recommend an apartment to rent for 2 weeks in either POP, Sosua or Cabarete. Must have 2 bedrooms, kitchen, air conditioning, and be secure. I've been checking on the web, and the prices are outrageous! I'm looking to pay roughly $200-$300 per week.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Did you try the Cita del Sol complex in Cabarete? I dont think you will find a decent 2 bedroom for that price but its worth a try! Good luck!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello everyone

Can someone please recommend an apartment to rent for 2 weeks in either POP, Sosua or Cabarete. Must have 2 bedrooms, kitchen, air conditioning, and be secure. I've been checking on the web, and the prices are outrageous! I'm looking to pay roughly $200-$300 per week.
Unless you're deep in some undesirable barrio, there's no way you're going to find a 2 bed condo at the prices you want.
Heck, the electricity alone from the AC's can run you over 10 bucks per day.
Average pricing for what you describe is approx $500 US/week.

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
I agree with rocky, you cannot expect someone to have a decent apartment you decribe with the a/c, security etc, and pay up to $650. per month rented or empty and then rent to short term prospect for your prices. The custom is it costs for one week, what the owner pays for one month fees and electricty..Consider one only rents an average of 2 weeks per month year round, and they have to have something for their own time, effort and investment. Be fair in your expectations and all will be happy.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi thanks for the suggestions. I found this hotel "Hotel Alegria", does anyone here have a review or advice on the place?

HOTEL ALEGRIA - CABARETE BEACH LOCATION AND AFFORDABILITY
I don't happen to know the place, but as you can see by the prices quoted, that is exactly what I said the average decent 2 bed condo will go for, $500 US/week.
If you can see your way clear of upping your budget a bit, then you will surely find something nice to accommodate you.

CindyB

May 14, 2007
Thanks again...I must mention that for hotels in Sosua, I would like to avoid....(um..um..hooker hangouts), we are 2 couples vacationing together, but not wanting to be in a whorehouse.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks again...I must mention that for hotels in Sosua, I would like to avoid....(um..um..hooker hangouts), we are 2 couples vacationing together, but not wanting to be in a whorehouse.
Both of those links are far from being in whorehouses.
El Neptuno is closer to everything and has a superb rep in town as one of the best administrated complexes in town, but The Palms is really excellent too, only a bit farther.
El Neptuno would no doubt be a bit more costly.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Um.......Try Cabarete if this offends you......um.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To Cindy.

As it is so difficult to make a good solid decision, shopping by internet, here are a couple of details that may make it easier.
Although Cabarete is generally more expensive than Sosua, you may prefer it there, if you like to be part of the young sporty windsurfing crowd.
Sosua is less expensive and more diverse.
If you decide that you want to stay in Sosua, you can contact one of our DR1 members, by the name of "Ken".
He has lived in El Neptuno for many years, so he can give you all the info you need.
As for the Palms, I can vouch for them.
You would be a bit farther from the downtown area, but it's a great complex.

CindyB

May 14, 2007
I have contacted the above properties for more info.
Thanks again everyone, especially Rocky!