Have I been sankified?

Efernandez

Dec 14, 2006
Hi,
Ok so i just joined the forum so i would like to know if i have been "Sankied" or not. Now, listen to the whole story bf you comment. Ill make it short i promise. A year ago this month I went to Punta Cana. By, the way I am from New Jersey but I am cuban so i speak the language and all. Ok so i meet this guy at the Pacha nightclub. We hit it off and i invited him to the beach the next day. He worked in the hotel adjacent to mine. He came over and we had a great time. We spent the next couple afternoons together just hanging out at the beach with my other friends, but there was something there. Well, it was time for us to come back to NJ and we said we would keep in touch. Its been a year later and we talk every day. i have been there three times since last july and im leaving on Monday for the whole month of july and part of august. He dosnt ask me for money but he does tell me Te amo. I have meet his family and even speak with his mom who resides in Spain. About 5 months after we meet he decieded he wanted to finish school instead of work at a resort, which i was happy about since im a professional and that worried me a little. But, he is poor in comparison to me but i dont really care about that. I see something in him that i havnt seen before and I have been married before so i have some experience. Im just wondering if it could all be a plot and im blind to see it. Tell me what you guys think.

MarkusL1

May 3, 2004
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Not very helpful to your question?
Well, that's probably because answers to questions like this are always within yourself and not on a message board.

Good luck either way. :eek:)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Same old story. Can someone make upsomething different so we won't get bored to death here?
AZB

Efernandez

Dec 14, 2006
Do you ever pay for anything?
Has he ever asked for money?

Yeah, like i said before, he does not ask me for money and the last time i stayed at his house in Cotui i offered to pay for a couple of beers and that was it. He pays for everything else.

Efernandez

Dec 14, 2006
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Not very helpful to your question?
Well, that's probably because answers to questions like this are always within yourself and not on a message board.

Good luck either way. :eek:)

Yeah, i know that i need to figure it out on my own. I was just looking for a little feedback from others to see if what i feel is real or not. Thanks though I like the cigar analogy...it is what it is right!:paranoid:

caro

Sep 24, 2003
what was is work at the hotel ?

who make the call ?

ask you the same question if you have meet him in your own city....

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Por la caridad del cobre cubanita...my opinion, you should just keep on going the way you have this past year, keep the antennas up, enjoy the ride and see what happens.
If I had been a reader of this forum when I met my wife I probably would have been very hesitant to share my life with her. I'm glad I wasn't a reader of this forum at that time.
BTW you must have a really great job that allows you to spend so much time traveling to the DR. Good for you...and good luck too.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sounds like you are just friends at this point. if he is indeed a sankie, he is probably working on you and many others. only time will tell.

enjoy his company and see what happens...

good luck

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I agree with azabache. If its not financially draining and your enjoying his company, keep going. If you have read all the links on here about sankies, you know what the warning signs are. Practice safe sex and enjoy!:bunny:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
The "not asking for $$$" means nothing...he is liekly getting $$ from other girls! That way he can treat you "like a lady";).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, you have been "sankified".

So? No nice guys up in Union City or West New York??? Or is it the beach, and the line....

Have fun, but fugeddaboutit...

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Why is it women are so fascinated by poor uneducated guys who work in hotels and make 200 dollars / month? Don't these women have loser back home who are equally uneducated and live in ghettos? I bet its not that easy to find guys who are total losers in canada and USA. I thought we have plenty there.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
La misma mierda.......

Same old story. Can someone make upsomething different so we won't get bored to death here?
AZB
You are right brotha, same ol' boring crapola!.

Same old story:

"He never asks for money", "He is one in a million", "He is perfect", "He took me to meet his family", "I only pay for little things, he pays almost always".

Give me a fricking break!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Back to my rock I go!.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
How's his Spanish?

Let me ask you something-- How is his Spanish? My Spanish is pretty bad but I'm learning. Spanish is his 1st language. It should be better than mine. Can he spell? Is it -- me voy o me boy? unibercidad o universidad? An occassional mistake but on an on going basis says something else. Can he speak it properly? That says a lot about somebody. I don't have my college degree but I read constantly and try to better myself all the time.

Would you be ashamed to bring him home to your family?

Thoughts to ponder!

I don't know if he would be wasting his time setting you up after 1 year!

Efernandez

Dec 14, 2006
Por la caridad del cobre cubanita...my opinion, you should just keep on going the way you have this past year, keep the antennas up, enjoy the ride and see what happens.
If I had been a reader of this forum when I met my wife I probably would have been very hesitant to share my life with her. I'm glad I wasn't a reader of this forum at that time.
BTW you must have a really great job that allows you to spend so much time traveling to the DR. Good for you...and good luck too.

Thank You! Im a elementary school teacher so i have alot of vacation time...
BTW, I always wear my azabache and nothing has happened to me thus far. so thank you again.;)

Efernandez

Dec 14, 2006
Let me ask you something-- How is his Spanish? My Spanish is pretty bad but I'm learning. Spanish is his 1st language. It should be better than mine. Can he spell? Is it -- me voy o me boy? unibercidad o universidad? An occassional mistake but on an on going basis says something else. Can he speak it properly? That says a lot about somebody. I don't have my college degree but I read constantly and try to better myself all the time.

Would you be ashamed to bring him home to your family?

Thoughts to ponder!

I don't know if he would be wasting his time setting you up after 1 year!

Hey,
Spanish is his only language...hahaha. He speaks very well. I was suprised when i meet him i didnt believe he was actually Dominican! No "que lo que's" or any of that slang you hear so much of here or even in Washington Heigts. He is a college student and needs two more semesters to finsih actually. And yes he is in school becuase last time i visited him i assisted class with him. At first i may have been a little embarrassed to introduce him to mami and papi but but not anymore. Actually, funny how things work out, my parents are invited to a wedding in Bavaro this summer and we are gonna meet up with them there. So, he will ultimatley meet the parents.
Well, im glad to hear that you read alot! As a teacher reading is very important and im actually teaching him English. I really hope im not being played but i am watching for the signs. Thank you very much.;)