Dominican Hacking laws

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Is there any such thing?

If a former employee turned competitor is repeatedly obtaining unauthorized access to my company's computer system and stealing valuable information (such as prospect and customer databases) is there any legal recourse?

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
We are having the same issue. Let give a nice visit to this guy and take care of it. We can sue him....but you know the drill.........I am waiting for this guys specific call center address to pay him a personal visit with a couple of tigueres. Good luck Mike
Albin

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
This is a web-based CRM. The servers are in the US.

Albin, my employees are about to go over there and lynch him. I am holding them back because I need them at work and not in jail.

We know where he is.

One thing you can do in the short term is to enter false contact information for your customers and keep a master list of the real info somewhere else that can't be looked up online. (something old-school like a notebook for example)

Also change your agents passwords and don't tell them the new password, log in for them in the morning.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I assume you're on some kind of 'nix server .. can't you block his ip (or block of ip's) serverside through the .htaccess file... this is quick and immediate and then you can do better damage control?.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is very easy to fix, either block his IP (.htaccess) if it's static or change all the passwords and know who has what. Most decent CRM systems let you log logins, that way if one of your staff is giving out passwords, you can see who it is.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
We don't have control of the system, we are forced to use it by our client and we can't control what IP's are allowed into it.

We can cange our passwords (and we do this several times a day) but our clients have other contractors in the DR and if one of them isn't changing the password frequently enough there's nothing we can do.

I am in contact with the technicians for the system, and the problem is that the sql queries used to pull information up are plainly visible in the URL field of the page.

All the "hacker" has to do is, once inside the system create a new customer, make a note of the customer # (i.e. 5489), and then alter the sql query in the address bar by decreasing the customer number by one (i.e. 5488) to see the previous customer and all applicable info and then continue counting down till he's stolen to his heart's content.

This guy has cost me over US$750 this morning alone.

'Bout to let the dogs loose.