Human Growth Hormones

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
After reading about the many baseball players both American and Dominican using human growth hormones, I was curious whether anyone can legally sell/buy/distribute/ human growth hormones in the Dominican Republic? I know they are by prescription only in the US but was not certain about the laws there.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Unless is habit forming you can purchase anything you can name like most Latin countries. Prescription are very informal things here, When you purchase it, the pharmacy returns it to you.

Jan 5, 2006
You do not need a prescription or even the name of what you're after. Just walk into any farmacia (pharmacy) and ask for pills or injections to help you gain weight.

Anabolic steroids are commonly passed off as vitamins to people who have no clue as to what they're consuming.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
HGH's or steroids are called "puja" here in the DR. its common in gym's and most people dont have any real fear or concerns about them. you want any type of performance enhancing drugs just go to your local gym in the DR.

and as an added note many youth who go to gyms inquire about "puja" but they are turned off, not by the side effects but by the price.

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
HGH's or steroids are called "puja" here in the DR. its common in gym's and most people dont have any real fear or concerns about them. you want any type of performance enhancing drugs just go to your local gym in the DR.

and as an added note many youth who go to gyms inquire about "puja" but they are turned off, not by the side effects but by the price.

Lu, its not Puja ... its puya as it refers to the needles. And the side effects does matter ; I disagree with you, they're cheap ... of course depends on which kind but most of them are cheap.
Most of the people that use them lack experience and knowledge as they do harm in one way or another ...

Its more common to see people from barrio's pumping iron with puyas..
If you didnt know that go to any GNC store and buy at least vitamins, its cheaper to buy health products in the USA.

They're common in all Gyms in DR and IMO people that use steroids are cheaters and stupid.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I know of quite a few guys that must be on the stuff at the gym I go to in Santiago. They look massive and a couple of them are actually quite strong.

I say that because I just got back into the bench press after about a three year break and I have had more than one Domincan at the gym tell me ask me, or better TELL me that I can't bench press a whole lot, haha!. I guess they saw me doing high reps with lower weight and somehow felt intimidated even though I am a relatively short and skinny guy. It is so damn funny because these guys really have no idea what they are doing. In fact one fellow insisted that I couldn't do 225 one time and I did it three times and yet he still didn't wan't to believe me. Sometimes I think Dominicans might just be the most stubborn people on this earth(mostly the wife) haha!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
If there is any...

I think that IF HGH was available here, you could buy it without a prescription. However, I doubt that it would be cheap... REAL HGH is still fairly expensive in the US.

In my opinion, taking HGH for rejuvenation purposes (hormone replacement therapy) is not to be treated or discussed equal to spraying massive amounts of synthetic testosterone to a multiple of normal levels for competitive body building.
While I don't object to medically guided steroid use for competitive body building purposes, I think that taking 'roids barrio style bought in a gym or from da man in the street is a very stupid and dangerous thing to do.

... J-D.