Is My Man For Real?

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
I AM A 50 YEAR OLD AND HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 4 YRS. i WENT TO THE DR LAST MARCH (16 MONTHS AGO) FOR VACATION. I HAD BEEN THERE BEFORE WITH MY DAUGHTER AND ENJOYED IT. i DID NOT GO FOR ROMANCE OR SEX. i MET A WAITER IN THE RESTAURANT AND WE WENT TO THE HOTEL DISCO THAT NIGHT AND THE NEXT NIGHT TO A CHEESY HOTEL AND HAD SEX AND THEN WENT TO A DISCO. LET ME SAY THE HOTEL WAS MY SUGGESTION. I AM DEFINITELY NOT THE TYPE THAT DOES THIS KIND OF THING. I HAVE BEEN BACK TO VISIT MY BOYFRIEND 9 TIMES SINCE THEN. I HAVE TO SAY THE RELATIONSHIP WAS ABOUT SEX FOR ME AT THE BEGINNING AND NOW I HAVE SINCERE FEELINGS FOR HIM. I HAVE SENT MONEY TO HIM OFTEN AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING WHEN I VISIT.I HAVE MET HIS ENTIRE FAMILY INCLUDING EX GIRLFRIENDS AND HIS 2 CHILDREN. HE NO LONGER WORKS AT THE RESORT BUT NOW DRIVES A MOTOCONCHO. HE HAS ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM MANY TIMES BUT I AM NOT ONE TO RUSH INTO THINGS. I HAD NO CONCERNS UNTIL I TALKED TO A FELLOW AIRLINE PASSENGER AND HE MENTIONED SANKY PANKY. I FEEL IN MY HEART THAT HE IS NOT A SANKY AND THAT OUR FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER ARE MUTUAL. HE ALWAYS ANSWERS THE PHONE WHEN I CALL AND HE CALLS ME ABOUT ONCE A WEEK. THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS I CANNOT REACH HIM WHEN HE VISITS HIS MOTHER WHO LIVES FAR FROM A CITY IN A REMOTE AREA AND HAS NO ELECTRICITY AND HE HAS NO SIGNAL ON HIS CELL PHONE.
ANY COMMENTS?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
ANY COMMENTS?

Did you know typing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the internet and is in poor taste?

There is nothing wrong with the exchange of sexual services for money between two consenting adults, but marriage, that is OUT of the question.

I assume he is 15-20 years younger than you and you weigh 200LBS?
It is also fair to infer from your writing style, that you are a SOCKPUPPET!

t'

Last edited:

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
Sorry i did not know about the all caps. My boyfriend is 27 yrs old. Why is marriage out of the question?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My boyfriend is 27 yrs old. Why is marriage out of the question?

It's a wonderful idea actually, make sure you sign over all of your assets in joint name in Canada as well.

Maybe you can buy him a sidecar for his moto so you don't have to ride side saddle to the wedding!

t'

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Hello BJP.

A sock puppet is someone who posts a made-up story to get us going, only to find out after we spend hours dispensing advice and arguing amongst ourselves, that it was just a trick.

My 2 cents, that you "know what time it is" - you have a convenient long-distance relationship and he does what he pleases while you are away.

Don't push it and ruin what you do have.

Good luck!

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
I am definitely not a sockpuppet then. This relationship has gone on for 16 months now. I am really confused now because of this sanky panky thing.

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
Thank you m'frog for the positive input, although I am still full of wonders. Sammy says I have a convinient long distance relationship and my boyfriend should do as he pleases when I am not with him. I made a commitment to this man Sammy and he says he is faithful to me and I am certainly faithful to him. I could not continue with him if he had another girlfriend

caro

Sep 24, 2003
you will propably not like what I tell you but is the reality here (not for all dominican )...here we go

you have 50 and he have 27 year , the second night you have slepping with him = he see a easy target

when you are here he try to do is best for the relation look like a loving one , show is life , his family because is his WORK , how he can do money or more money. and when you are there he can have a great time because you pay for everything and he know he can receive more money when you are back home.

now that he see that for the money is really easy and not anymore a problem he try to get the biggest prize : the visa !!!

so now if for you is only about have vacation with sex and no more and lose some money on him go for it if not stop everything right now .

hope that help

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Otra mas........

I AM A 50 YEAR OLD AND HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR 4 YRS. i WENT TO THE DR LAST MARCH (16 MONTHS AGO) FOR VACATION. I HAD BEEN THERE BEFORE WITH MY DAUGHTER AND ENJOYED IT. i DID NOT GO FOR ROMANCE OR SEX. i MET A WAITER IN THE RESTAURANT AND WE WENT TO THE HOTEL DISCO THAT NIGHT AND THE NEXT NIGHT TO A CHEESY HOTEL AND HAD SEX AND THEN WENT TO A DISCO. LET ME SAY THE HOTEL WAS MY SUGGESTION. I AM DEFINITELY NOT THE TYPE THAT DOES THIS KIND OF THING. I HAVE BEEN BACK TO VISIT MY BOYFRIEND 9 TIMES SINCE THEN. I HAVE TO SAY THE RELATIONSHIP WAS ABOUT SEX FOR ME AT THE BEGINNING AND NOW I HAVE SINCERE FEELINGS FOR HIM. I HAVE SENT MONEY TO HIM OFTEN AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING WHEN I VISIT.I HAVE MET HIS ENTIRE FAMILY INCLUDING EX GIRLFRIENDS AND HIS 2 CHILDREN. HE NO LONGER WORKS AT THE RESORT BUT NOW DRIVES A MOTOCONCHO. HE HAS ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM MANY TIMES BUT I AM NOT ONE TO RUSH INTO THINGS. I HAD NO CONCERNS UNTIL I TALKED TO A FELLOW AIRLINE PASSENGER AND HE MENTIONED SANKY PANKY. I FEEL IN MY HEART THAT HE IS NOT A SANKY AND THAT OUR FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER ARE MUTUAL. HE ALWAYS ANSWERS THE PHONE WHEN I CALL AND HE CALLS ME ABOUT ONCE A WEEK. THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS I CANNOT REACH HIM WHEN HE VISITS HIS MOTHER WHO LIVES FAR FROM A CITY IN A REMOTE AREA AND HAS NO ELECTRICITY AND HE HAS NO SIGNAL ON HIS CELL PHONE.
ANY COMMENTS?
ANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

WHERE ARE YOU ANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

PLEASE COME AND TAKE ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

LET MY LAST WORDS BE: "ADIOS MUNDO CRUEL".

Btw: of course you are "not one to rush into things", you just happened to bang the guy the next day, at your suggestion.

Come on grandma, are you for real?.

Does anybody smell a SOCKO?.

BJP

Jun 30, 2007
caro- I feel like throwing up. It is not all about sex for me now. I spend most of my time with him visiting family and being with his friends.Like I said I was the one that initiated sex in the first place. I have heard from everyone, friends and family that our age difference is a major thing. maybe I am fooling myself into believing that it doesn't matter.You say this is a reality in the DR, but not for all dominicans, Is it possible he is one of them.It seems like he is sincere and loving when I visit and not putting on a show. I do feel bad sometimes sending money, but I realize that he does not have much, so I am happy to help him. Now I feel like I should call him right now and end it all. I just can't bring myself to do it though.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
caro- I feel like throwing up. It is not all about sex for me now. I spend most of my time with him visiting family and being with his friends.Like I said I was the one that initiated sex in the first place. I have heard from everyone, friends and family that our age difference is a major thing. maybe I am fooling myself into believing that it doesn't matter.You say this is a reality in the DR, but not for all dominicans, Is it possible he is one of them.It seems like he is sincere and loving when I visit and not putting on a show. I do feel bad sometimes sending money, but I realize that he does not have much, so I am happy to help him. Now I feel like I should call him right now and end it all. I just can't bring myself to do it though.

Just enjoy it and stop worrying. For centuries old men have been doing this sort of thing with young girls and still do. Just control the purse strings and keep that little niggling doubt so the love control doesnt overcome your common financial sense. You can pm me if you want to

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Translation

Thank you m'frog for the positive input, although I am still full of wonders. Sammy says I have a convinient long distance relationship and my boyfriend should do as he pleases when I am not with him. I made a commitment to this man Sammy and he says he is faithful to me and I am certainly faithful to him. I could not continue with him if he had another girlfriend

Dear BJP: I am not saying that he SHOULD do as he please, only that he does. You have to understand that he is from another culture. Out of sight, out of mind; heck - it is acceptable for a guy to have many women - when you are THERE AND living in the same house. Why would he do otherwise?

Listen, I am not saying it is bad and I am not saying it is good, I am just saying that IT IS.

The reason the age thing is not such a big deal is that it is over-shadowed by how many benefits and possible benefits you represent. This man is stuck on an island. The only way off is to swim with the sharks or try a flimsy raft to Puerto Rico.

Or he could marry a foreigner who would sponsor him for a visa to her home country.

That is it. End of possibilities. And this is so hard to be aware of at first as most of us assume all we need to travel is time off from work and funds for the ticket.

His world is so much more limited.

Another point I have noticed in these relationships, and one that has been explained to me by the men in question, and their pals/families, is that an older lady is PREFERED. Because she represents more possibilities than a poor back-packer with a tighter body.

It is not that love is blind for these guys, just that there is more in play than bodies, much more.

Whether he intended for you to be his ticket out of poverty, or not, you must be aware that it is a possibility. Everyone in his family is.

Good luck and I applaud you for throwing your dirty laundry out here where we devour it. :)

You will figure it out. Sooner or later. We just want to spare you the heartache of ignorance. --Sammy

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Oh, and there is no reason to end it all. Just keep doing what you have been doing, never sending more than you can part with. And don't bring up any of the heavy issues. Enjoy your vacations.

Just be straight with yourself. That is the essential thing here.

You are operating in another country with more and different limits as well as a lot of ways of being, ways of dating, ways of seeing - that are just beyod our guesses.

No need to judge anyone, not him, not yourself. Just keep your eyes open.

And enjoy!! --Sammyh

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
BJP If you felt so sure and happy with your relationship why did you post on here to get other people's views? Now you have them does it make you feel different? Why not just enjoy what you but just be cautious as already advised.