I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Why do "rich" women go to Dominican Republic, date poor locals, and expect the poor local to pay for absolutely everything. If the guy doesn't, he is labeled a crook or sankie.

Regardless of our national origin, our wallet is as important as our face and personality. People everywhere are attracted to wealth. Dominicans are no different.

Now that we all know this, can we move on past the Sankie obsession?

I think it is highly demeaning and insulting to Dominicans and to the men or women who love them. Its as though Dominicans are the only people on earth who hope to use marriage as a means of advancing up the social and economic ladder.

If this is something that causes you great concern or you feel very bitter by this reality, date only those within your socio-economic level. And, maybe you should travel to Europe or Australia rather than developing countries such as Dominican Republic.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
It's easy...DON'T come a-readin in the Sankie 101 forum...

Talk about 'covering the sun with your fingers'...wake up...it's a World Wide phenomenon...BUT...THIS SITE happens to be about the Dominican Republic...

If it was Fiji...I'm sure we would talk about the "boys" there...

Lighten up!!! You can't change the world!!! ;)

Boy, oh boy....you must REALLY be bored to come post this here...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Caso perdido........

Why do "rich" women go to Dominican Republic, date poor locals, and expect the poor local to pay for absolutely everything. If the guy doesn't, he is labeled a crook or sankie.

Regardless of our national origin, our wallet is as important as our face and personality. People everywhere are attracted to wealth. Dominicans are no different.

Now that we all know this, can we move on past the Sankie obsession?

I think it is highly demeaning and insulting to Dominicans and to the men or women who love them. Its as though Dominicans are the only people on earth who hope to use marriage as a means of advancing up the social and economic ladder.

If this is something that causes you great concern or you feel very bitter by this reality, date only those within your socio-economic level. And, maybe you should travel to Europe or Australia rather than developing countries such as Dominican Republic.
So much to learn......

So little time.......

What is his name again?.

Never mind, it's violin time for me again........

Anna, Anna, come out, come out wherever you are!!!. PLEASE!.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I hope that most of us do not sit in judgement on those who pay and those who enjoy their payments. What we do try to do is to share some of the challenges in cross-cultural relationships, especially when it involves the huge differences in freedoms and possibilities experienced in "First World" Vs. "Third World" (aka "Developing") countries.

Let me be frank, were I born a poor Dominican, I would grab the first Ticket Out that crossed my path. As would most of you. The difference is that we are blessed to live with means, however small they may seem, that allow us to never be forced to make such decisions.

End of speech. :)

G

gary short

It's easy...DON'T come a-readin in the Sankie 101 forum...

Talk about 'covering the sun with your fingers'...wake up...it's a World Wide phenomenon...BUT...THIS SITE happens to be about the Dominican Republic...

If it was Fiji...I'm sure we would talk about the "boys" there...

Lighten up!!! You can't change the world!!! ;)

Boy, oh boy....you must REALLY be bored to come post this here...

YIKES.........ever seen Fijian girls.........FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
If I was Dominican, I would also grab the first ticket out. It would not matter if that ticket weighed 135 pounds or 335 pounds.

Everyone around the world wants to advance in life. If the only means to advancement is by dating, then they date. Rich people in America rarely date middle class Americans because they, too, can never be sure what the real attraction is. Is it me or my money. Money is very powerful and seductive.

There is nothing unique about Dominicans in this area, yet so many people here seem to have their mouths hanging open is shock.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
There is nothing unique about Dominicans in this area, yet so many people here seem to have their mouths hanging open is shock.[/QUOTE]

Our mouths aren't open in shock - in amazement and at times stupefied by how many of the tourists leave their brains at home and end up getting 'sankified' and then post here wondering what went wrong.

Kinda like rubber neckin' when ya pass an accident.

(been there and most of us have so that is why some of us have as much insight into what being sankified is like).

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Let me be frank, were I born a poor Dominican, I would grab the first Ticket Out that crossed my path. As would most of you. The difference is that we are blessed to live with means, however small they may seem, that allow us to never be forced to make such decisions.

End of speech.

I think that is a great point that many people miss...it is VERY easy to pass judgement, condemn, criticize etc but until you have walked in someone elses shoes.......we would ALL do the same for sure!

Now having said that, I dont condone using people and hurting them by doing this.

I know I can only reflect on my own life and feel very privilleged and fortunate to always have been a "have" instead of a "have not", and most importantly, have had the opportunity to get a very good education...since I believe, thats where its all at!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I was taught NEVER to ask ANYONE for anything. There were many nights that I went to bed hungry and my stomach hurt.

Yes, I live in the US but.. I hit rough times. I had self respect and I couldn't do that.

I couldn't pretend to "love" someone to get Ipods, and sneakers and money.

That's just me.

I think most Domincans are the same way. They have self respect and wouldn't ask for a penny. That's why sankies/"gold diggers" are frowned upon.

I bet if some of these "gold diggers" parents knew what was really going on with their daughters they would get the beaten of their life for bringing shame and disrespecting the family.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I was taught NEVER to ask ANYONE for anything. There were many nights that I went to bed hungry and my stomach hurt.

Yes, I live in the US but.. I hit rough times. I had self respect and I couldn't do that.

That's just me.

I think most Domincans are the same way. They have self respect and wouldn't ask for a penny. That's why sankies/"gold diggers" are frowned upon.

I bet if some of these "gold diggers" parents knew what was really going on with their daughters they would get the beaten of their life for bringing shame and disrespecting the family.

I am sorry but I disagree...the families are totally "in on the act" and see it as their eventual way out too! I dont think it is seen as either disprespectful or frowned upon!...just my opinion!;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

That's just me.

I totally agree with this. I was brought up to rely on myself and myself only. My family lives in a developing country - my sister and my Dad NEVER ask me for anything. I give things and money to them when I can but it is only my initiative. A lot of Dominicans are the same way. I have seen people like that when I was there. They had dignity and self-respect and treated others the same. I admire such people. But there are a lot of people there who are not poor at all (they can have more money than you do actually) but don't mind using someone's wallet if they have a chance. I have not idea how they convince themselves it is normal but it is just the way it is. I am thinking it might be lack in their upbringing or something. They think that others are there to serve their needs and provide for their wonderful selves or something. I just don't get it.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
You're wrong ... it's his MO that earns him that label.

Are you in a relationship with a 'sankie'? ... It's not my intention to offend you with that question.

Last edited:

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I don't think EVERYONE that asks for money is a SANKIE. I think a sankie is a special breed of pond scum. I think that this is their profession. Their calling. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. They know the ins and outs of their trade. They read their victims and change with them. They are chameleons. Some people's families are in on it other's aren't.

It's like being a criminal. Most families are ashamed that their son or daughter commits crimes others it's a family affair. The whole family knows about it, they talk about it, are proud of it and they themselves all have been arrested.

I'm sure there are some decent families that have sankies in them and they are ashamed about it.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
NO me acordaba......

Oceanbound:

For the life of me, I couldn't remember where I saw your name.

Everytime I posted or replied to you, I was always think "shyt, where did I see this person's name".

And all of a sudden, I started cleaning my emails and BOOOOM, there was an email you had sent me last month, on the 2nd!!.

Anyways, since you didn't reply to my reply to you, I must ask you:

Did you educate your gay friend about gays getting sankified in the DR?.

I hope you mentioned to him that for the right amount of "GREENIES", MOST Resort workers/Sankies will turn "lefthanded".

Last edited:

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
asia.

me think me go asia.find poor snkie girl she love me long time for not so big money.and treat me like big pappi.
me thank you for velly good suggestion.;)

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Miguel,

You seem overly interested in my gay male friend. Is your ding dong getting stirred up? Should I give him your number?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Miguel,

You seem overly interested in my gay male friend. Is your ding dong getting stirred up? Should I give him your number?
Yes, give me his number, maybe I can turn him straight by telling him:

"Say hello to my little friend". Then BOOOOM!.

The "friend" being my Louisville Slugger, named Hank Aaron, wahahahahaha!!.

If I am good enough for you to email me and ask me crap about sankies and your gay friend, then I am good enough to know if you edeucated him, since you said you wanted to educate "him", or "her" or "both" or whatever, haha!.

Btw: I never believed for a second that HE was the gay one, wink wink!.

Later SOCKO!!.

Last edited:

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Miguel,

thou doest protest too much.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I would imagine another man might just have answered "no." I wonder why you couldn't?

Now things are starting to add up.

Come to think of it, isn't it interesting that a male would be so invested in the sex and romantic lives of other males. Aren't you the one who thrives on the sankie threads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.