Family members visiting Toronto from Santo Domingo

negra12

Jul 3, 2007
Does anyone have any experience with families of their Dominican spouse, with a permenant residence, visiting Canada. What was your experince with the process?

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
Well from what I know! If you spouse has a permanent residence here in Canada, and he/she wishes to have some of his/her family come visit. They'll have to apply for a visitor's visa. Which I will tell you right now; unless they have a lot of financial, business, and family ties to the Dominican Republic they will deny the visitors visa. The Canadian Embassy is horrible for issuing out visitor visas for Dominicans. As a matter of fact I don't know anyone that has applied for a visitor?s visa ever been approved. Their reason for denial is always the same. "They?ll denied him/her because they felt that he/she would not return home?

Good Luck,

Personally I would consider sponsoring them if they wish to live in Canada, or you'll both have to fly down too visit them.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If both families (the Canadian one and the Dominican one) have sufficient financial means and investments (both in Canada for the Canadian and in the DR for the Dominican) visitor visas are NOT a problem.
If one or neither family have sufficient financial means or investments respectively then forget getting a visitors visa!