Safety In Punta Cana

USBP1969

Jul 7, 2007
Hello.

My grand daughter (who we raised as our daughter and love very much) was recently married and flew to Punta Cana with her new husband on Wednesday.

It was their honeymoon and it was to have been a secret as to where they were going. (She didn't know either.) As they were boarding their plane she told us it was to be Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. She promised to call or email after she arrived, but we have heard nothing since.

I have been reading as much as I can about Punta Cana and the Dominican Republic since their departure and while the resorts look very beautiful indeed the US State Department?s web site contains some very alarming information. (I included the link, but the forum wouldn't let me post this message with a link, so I had to remove it.)

I would sincerely appreciate any information anyone one can provide regarding tourist safety in Punta Cana. Also a list of resort hotels and their telephone numbers would be a big help.

Thanks in advance,
A worried dad

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
REEEEELAX.....Punta Cana is fine, especially (and most likely) they're at an all inclusive resort, that means all they can drink and eat.....she's on her honeymoon and I'll guarantee THEY HAD OTHER PLANS....she's done tending to "daddy".

USBP1969

Jul 7, 2007
Pyratt, thanks...I think.

Our grand daughter has been living, working and attending college in a different state for the last three years.

She has traveled to Africa, SE Asia, and Central America during that time, but has always let us know that she had arrived safely.

A worried dad.

WINSTRIC

Jan 7, 2003
Your grand daughter will be fine. Punta Cana is very safe! She has access
to most any thing she needs, which includes good medical services, and
everything else! She will have a great time!

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Pyratt, thanks...I think.

Our grand daughter has been living, working and attending college in a different state for the last three years.

She has traveled to Africa, SE Asia, and Central America during that time, but has always let us know that she had arrived safely.

A worried dad.

TRUST US....especially now that we know she's been around the world! She's fine....try to remember (and I know it's tough)....you walked her down the aisle and gave her away.......to a good man.

Grab momma, it's your turn now! ENJOY!

USBP1969

Jul 7, 2007
Pyratt -

you walked her down the aisle and gave her away.......to a good man.
That going down the aisle thing was indeed tough.

Grab momma, it's your turn now! ENJOY!
I wish!

Hey, I just received an email from her!!! They had to use an Internet Cafe since their notebook wouldn't work at the hotel. Whew!

A not worried dad.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
See Dad!

We told ya!

WHY IS SHE CARRYING A LAPTOP ON HER HONEYMOON? GAWD!

May Dr. Pyratt prescribe a quick trip for you and the Mrs.

Don't believe all the hype about how BAD the DR is.....it's a beautiful place with lots of friendly people......

Now when your daughter comes home....don't ask questions like, "What'd ya do?" Look at the pictures and let her tell you... ;)

USBP1969

Jul 7, 2007
Dr. Pyratt - Thanks I will. (look at her photos)

And, I truly look forward to hearing about her trip.

Last night she wrote:

Jules and I have come to the conclusion that the resort where we are staying is training to be an extremely tan and fat human being...

I had the opportunity to go sea kayaking! It was beautiful and loads of fun. And I didn't have to follow a group, I could explore on my own (though many people were nearby) :)

An expectant dad.