Soil conservation/Riverbank erosion control

lobodelbosque

Oct 6, 2006
Hi I am new here, but desperatedly am looking for the thread for soil conservation]
and riverbank erosion control. Can anyone please direct me to the right sites or threads?
thanks

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Hi don't think we have an existing thread on the subject, so I took the liberty of making your post the start of a new thread on the subject. What exactly do you need to know?

Keith R
Environment Forum Moderator

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
It is noteworthy to point out that one of the major complaints by the population provoking the call for a general strike tomorrow is the lack of running water. Last week, in an interview published in the local newspaper CLAVEDIGITAL, the Director of the Santo Domingo Acueduct (CAASD), Ing. Richard Mart?nez, attributed this situation to the drying up of the three major aquifers that feed the acueducts to Santo Domingo due to human settlement and deforestation of the main river basins.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
There were laws, that protected the river it used to be fifty meter in both side of a river was protected as a green belt. Now look at any river the trees are gone the river is exposed to sun light how did it get this bad? well look at the river/brooks thast been invaded by people that contained in concrete underground pipe so that they can build shopping center the first light just before you enter the City of Santiago. Human abuse its the problem.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
We at SOECI are bringing this topic into the light onces again. We have started a campaign El Yaque debe vivir.
Currently do to lack of housing for the poor working class and a dysfunctional urban planing. We wil be starting a new project of protecting certain river and restoring the riverbanks. I hope we can all help.
please visit our website so you can the the project we have and the futures ones.
www.socei.org