Dominican Guy who might get with a Haitian Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
My friend (the Dominican) who is in class with me is interested in a Haitian girl in our English class. He wants to kick it to her but he's kind of hesitant. He's not shy or anything, but I think he doesn't want to because he's afraid of what people will think. I told him to not care about it. I wouldn't post about this but I notice he was talking to her and flirting with her and then this girl who sits in the back who had turned him down earlier this semester was grilling him like crazy. I've heard of several Haitian men getting Dominican girls and all that mess, but is my friend going to be blacksheeped for messing with a Haitian chick? The girl is nice and everything, she's really shy though. She's mah cool though. She gets along with everyone.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Depends where this is all happening.
If it's the DR, your friend will be looked down upon and he knows it.
Why are you asking?

m'frog

My friend, Romero, and I we study in PUCMM in Santiago. I'm asking because I want to know if these students in PUCMM are still prejudist against such relationships...

Another reason why I am asking is that Romero grew up in La Vega, so he should already know whether or not he is going to be blacksheeped...because even though I am Dominican I haven't spent my entire life in this country, which is why it struck me odd when he asked me about it...

He basically just came up to me one day and was like "yo, imma kick it to that haitian girl she on my nuts and im kinda feelin her" and i told him "kick it to her nigga you got nothing to lose" and then he said "i kinda don't know cuz you know she haitian and everything" and i said "so what? what does that have to do with it? she not ugly so kick it to her you pussy" and then he said that he would think about it...he ended up getting her number and e-mail today but the girl in the back was grilling him with a look on her face like she though Romero was a peice of filth or something.

Yea, it's cool guy, go ahead make your move.

LOL it's not me, Romero is the one that likes the girl.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Agua,
I'm backing m'frog on this one. But, I think you already knew the answer when you asked.

It's simply not accepted in Dominican society.
He'd be branded for life if it becomes known, and I'd guess he'd likely lose a chance to land any 'good Dominican girl' if she or her family were aware of his encounter.

I'm not saying the prejudice is acceptable, but it is the reality.
Heck... I have Dominican friends whose parents' first question is
whether their new Dominican boyfriend/girlfriend has "good" hair.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Agua,
I'm backing m'frog on this one. But, I think you already knew the answer when you asked.

It's simply not accepted in Dominican society.
He'd be branded for life if it becomes known, and I'd guess he'd likely lose a chance to land any 'good Dominican girl' if she or her family were aware of his encounter.

I'm not saying the prejudice is acceptable, but it is the reality.
Heck... I have Dominican friends whose parents' first question is
whether their new Dominican boyfriend/girlfriend has "good" hair.

Yeah I know no one here is saying that the prejudice is right or anything and I know it's not accepted in Dominican society, what I want to know is that what are his classmates and friends going to think and say about it?

BTW...can't we all just get along? lol

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why don't you loan him those nice new sneakers you have?
If they still have the tags on, I'm sure the girl at the back will be all over him.

UASD, not a problem, PUCMM, he is about to become an outcast.
Then again, I'm sure PUCMM doesn't have that many Haitian girls, maybe it will be novel?

Send Hillbilly a PM, he's the man at PUCMM :)

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Why don't you loan him those nice new sneakers you have?
If they still have the tags on, I'm sure the girl at the back will be all over him.

UASD, not a problem, PUCMM, he is about to become an outcast.
Then again, I'm sure PUCMM doesn't have that many Haitian girls, maybe it will be novel?

Send Hillbilly a PM, he's the man at PUCMM :)

Thanks alot Robert, I was hoping you'd respond. I will PM Hillbilly, thanks. I've heard about UASD being a little more open-minded. I know alot of people that study there.

As for my Jordans....the grip of my cold, dead hands Robert. Cold, dead hands.

BTW, these are the Jordans I have... (I'm not advertising, this is the only decent picture I could find of the Jordans I have...)

Last edited by a moderator:

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Sometimes being the blacksheep isn't a bad thing, so it could be a win-win. A) he gets the sexy hatian girl, it works out, or B) it doesn't work out, but he is the bad boy that breaks the rules - girls like the bad boy, no matter what anyone says.

Last edited:

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Sometimes being the blacksheep isn't a bad thing, so it could be a win-win. A) he gets the sexy hatian girl, it works out, or B) he is the bad boy that breaks the rules - girls like the bad boy, no matter what anyone says.

She's actually not bad looking. Alot of people in this country have this mentality where if you are black or have nappy hair, then you are ugly. I can understand why due to the past and history of this country but I'm too intelligent to let that poison sink into my mind. My parents are pretty racist (not like they HATE black people or anything they just find them unattractive, with the exception that they think most African Americans are bad but not because of their race but because of how American people are lol) and they deny the possibility of any African heritage in their blood, but my mother and I are both "indio" and I strongly doubt that its from a strong Taino heritage. My mother doesn't say its that but she says that in DR most people are brown because of the sun and they end up staying that lol. Please don't look at my mother as a bad person, she just grew up Dominican lol.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My mother doesn't say its that but she says that in DR most people are brown because of the sun and they end up staying that lol. Please don't look at my mother as a bad person, she just grew up Dominican lol.

There is certainly a genetic role in your intelligence unless she dropped you as a baby.

tambo'

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
She's actually not bad looking. Alot of people in this country have this mentality where if you are black or have nappy hair, then you are ugly. I can understand why due to the past and history of this country but I'm too intelligent to let that poison sink into my mind. My parents are pretty racist (not like they HATE black people or anything they just find them unattractive, with the exception that they think most African Americans are bad but not because of their race but because of how American people are lol) and they deny the possibility of any African heritage in their blood, but my mother and I are both "indio" and I strongly doubt that its from a strong Taino heritage. My mother doesn't say its that but she says that in DR most people are brown because of the sun and they end up staying that lol. Please don't look at my mother as a bad person, she just grew up Dominican lol.

Aguakate,

Please ohhh please, why do you start these race baiting threads?? Dominicans are not that concerned with skin color, this is not Alabama cerca 1950's, so enough already. I have a girlfriend in La Vega and her mother and mother's brother is dark as me with high cheek bones and straight black hair, they look like natives you'll see in National Geographic shows in the Amazon. My other girlfriend is a natural blond from Jarabacoa and guess what what? They don't care about your skin color. Now I will let you on a little secret, many light skin dominicans are hungry!! In this country its better to know somebody if you want something. So enough with your race bating.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Sometimes to beat the race crap you have to stand against it...DO IT! I'm as white as they get....and I live by two sayings of my own....

Nada mas gringas....y nada mas blancitas....

It ain't about color, it ain't about hair, it's about HEART!

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
Aguakate, I don't think you're necessarily baiting people with this thread, but I do think you honestly know the answer already. In my opinion, if he likes her then he should go for it--his own feelings about the relationship matter more than others.

However, if you've both been attending PUCMM, then you already know the atmosphere on campus. I remember that there were plenty of close-minded people there that wouldn't approve of something like that...but not everyone is like that. It's really just up to him whether he cares what other people think or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.