Decent hotel

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Not sure about American owned. Would European or Canadian Owned do? How about Sosua? "Affordable" would depend on your means, but hotels in the summer in Cabarete are priced very reasonably.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I suspect the OP is more concerned with their lack of Spanish skills than the actual nationality of the owners. Fact is most hotels in Cabarete will have hosts who speak English, whether it is their native tongue or not. The majority of hotels in tourist areas like Cabarete have AC.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Which are the affordable ones with AC? Carribe surf is fine for the "winter" months, but it has no AC, what price range should one expect to pay for 2 people, w/ AC?

I suspect the OP is more concerned with their lack of Spanish skills than the actual nationality of the owners. Fact is most hotels in Cabarete will have hosts who speak English, whether it is their native tongue or not. The majority of hotels in tourist areas like Cabarete have AC.

No, senor. Yo puedo hablar espanol perfectamente bien, como si fuera dominicano. Lo que busco es un hotel costeable en la playa Cabarete con aire acondicionado.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
No, senor. Yo puedo hablar espanol perfectamente bien, como si fuera dominicano. Lo que busco es un hotel costeable en la playa Cabarete con aire acondicionado.

Perdoneme sepiahunt. I guess I jumped to an incorrect conclusion. ;) Usually when someone is looking for an AMERICAN OWNED hotel, it means they want an English speaking host. I'm not sure how the nationality of the ownership would affect whether the hotel has AC or not.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Most, if not all, hotels in Cabarete have AC. Some of the guest houses do not. If you're looking for very cheap, I think SansSouci is still doing the $15/pp/per night rate, although I have no idea if it's air conditioned or not.

Or you could just google "Cabarete Accommodations" and do a bit of legwork :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Buy a locking Cable and chain it to the bed.
You need a bolt cutter to get through one of these.

secure it: Notebook Keyed Locks

Don't forget to post what hotel you are staying at online!
If you are really that worried, Cabarete has at least 1/2 a dozen cyber cafe's.

tambo'

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We would recomend Hotel Kaoba. They have rooms at verious rates depending on what you want. Safes in the rooms are available. Most of the staff speak english. There is a internet cafe at the hotel with skype. You may not need to bring your laptop I believe the cost for 20-30 min is $1.00 US. We've stayed there many times and now live in Cabarete. If We can give you any other info IM me. There are a lot of nice hotels here. We just happen to like this one, They made our stay very easy.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Kaoba's a decent place in a good location for around $30 a night. Cita del Sol may be worth checking out as well. Very few safes, even at the Bigger hotels (Hilton, Marriott, etc) will fit a standard laptop. As ha been mentioned, there are several cyber cafes in Cabarete, including the one at Kaoba....if you do bring your laptop, just about all the restaurants and bars on the beach have free wifi The sans souci hotels push the "from $15 per night" thing all over the north coast, but that's actually FROM $15 per person x 4 people, or $60 per room per night...

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
I do not know of many reasonable places other then the hotel Europa, although the manager Diego is not american , he is fluent in English and his hotel has a nice pool and is centrally located right in Sosua which is a quaint little beach town just outside of cabaretta . The hotel has efficciency apartment ,and they have digital safe combination boxes ,im not sure if they can accomadate a laptop but they are veru secure and the only way someone would steal from your room is if you let someone in and they took it . the maids and staff are great , no thieves , the rate varies but think along the lines of about 45 US per night , might be a discount for extended stay , like 7 days or more. I highly reccomend them

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ambiance"??? Whats Wrong With "HOT & Cold" Running GIRLS?????

THe "EUROPA" does have SOME "Advantages" !!!!!!:cheeky::cheeky:CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC