No visa for me this is so unfair !!!

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
I guess I'm not going to Europe ! I was supposed to go to france and amsterdam for 2 weeks. I applied tru the french embassy.
I got denied, yesterday, I provided all the documents required, I wasted all my energy and time in this bull****, and believe it or not, I even bought the DAMN PLANE TICKET !!!!
This is a damn robbery, I'm gonna call the consulate and give her a piece of my mind.

I got a question, is the fact that I'm a student a cause of this ?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I guess I'm not going to Europe ! I was supposed to go to france and amsterdam for 2 weeks. I applied tru the french embassy.
I got denied, yesterday, I provided all the documents required, I wasted all my energy and time in this bull****, and believe it or not, I even bought the DAMN PLANE TICKET !!!!
This is a damn robbery, I'm gonna call the consulate and give her a piece of my mind.

I got a question, is the fact that I'm a student a cause of this ?

Don't take it personally, it seems that even France is doing the same as the US and Canada. It's not that you are a student but rather that one has to have sufficient ties to the DR or so they say. ;)

I hope you can get your money back for the ticket.

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
But the fact that I'm studying must be proof that will return !!!
And no, the tickets are non refundable !!!

I dont know what to do.
My vacations are ruined ~!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
But the fact that I'm studying must be proof that will return !!!
And no, the tickets are non refundable !!!

I dont know what to do.
My vacations are ruined ~!
History shows that young folks without strong financial ties to their home country just stay in Canada, the US and Europe.

Those who do that affect people with honorable intentions.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is too late now, but I will give you a good tip for the future.

If you want to get a Visa to go to France, you can apply to an European Union country for a Visa and it is good anywhere in the EU.

Any Dominican will stand a much better chance getting a Visa to Spain than they would to France. You can fly direct to Spain and take a plane or better yet a nice train ride to France. Of course you will have to fly to Spain first, but it is no big deal to get to France from there. The Spanish Embassy treats Dominicans much better than the others.

canajungirl

May 18, 2004
why not try Germany.I heard it is pretty easy to get a visa if you indeed actually need one then just change your plane ticket to a destination in Germany for a few extra bucks.At least that way you haven't lost the plane fare.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
have you at least contacted the airline to explain your situation and attempt to ask for a refund. I recently had to cancel with continetal...and even tho the ticket said non-refundable they gave me a FULL refund (darn it...the ticket was for santo domingo...and i really wish i had gone!)

if not...try some of the suggestions here...they sound pretty good...at least you wont lose all your money

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
why not try Germany.I heard it is pretty easy to get a visa if you indeed actually need one then just change your plane ticket to a destination in Germany for a few extra bucks.At least that way you haven't lost the plane fare.

Yes, but germany is still a schengen country. Since I got denied, I read somewhere that u can to apply for another visa after 6 months not before.
This really sucks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Again, I know this is too late for the OP but, a very good way of increasing your chances for any Visa is to take a trip out of the DR to another country where you don't need a Visa. They will always look for exit and entry stamps in your passport when you apply for a Visa. Just the fact that you left the country and returned can help a lot.

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
Is there any way I could call them and explain them , that I already bought the ticket, and I'm planning on returning ?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is there any way I could call them and explain them , that I already bought the ticket, and I'm planning on returning ?

Oh no you mean you didn't tell them? I was thinking it was part of your package, maybe a return ticket that's non refundable might have helped.

Maybe if you go in person and show them your ticket and show them that you bought it before they denied you it might help I'm not really sure but I would fight this ( in a calm manner) before giving up and losing that money.

Did you get an interview?

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
i think I will go someplace where u dont need a damn visa, like egypt or argentina. i'll change my flight.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Go to Buenos Aires, Argentina. No Visa necessary. Copa thru Panama. Only negative is the price of the airfare, somewhere around $900 rt US.

Great city. Great country.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm not sure about a visa for costa rica but it is a great country to visit.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
But the question is whether Costa Rica would refuse the visa. Getting a visa for a country like Brazil or Costa Rica might be easier than for the US, Canada or the EU. I'm just speculating though, maybe someone has experience with the visa procedures for those countries.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is definitely easier, and she would almost for sure get it. But she still has to go through the aggravation of applying. Papers, forms, etc. Just easier to go to a place where you just get a plane ticket and go.

platana

Mar 15, 2006
Germany is pretty easy but the plane tickets are really expensive and the flight is mad long!