Tax question

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
How do you rate the business tax when you are billing for a service and the service is for out of country customers?

ie. computer work done on-line in the RD but done for a company in the US and billed from the RD

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Holy Cow!

Not one response?

Is there something wrong with the question?

Should I have mentioned something about sex? :squareeye

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Two things ... I don't understand this part of the question: "How do you rate the business tax ....". Do you mean what is the tax rate? Sales Tax? Business Tax?

Second, I don't think people want to answer. There is a whole lot of stuff that one can do with off-shore companies to reduce the profitability of the Dominican Company that provides the service. So, even if I did understand the question, I'll have to kill you if I tell you. :laugh::laugh:

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Chris,
Thanks for responding.
What I am trying to find out is if we move some of our existing work to the RD how would we figure out the taxes?

From what I have read it is a flat tax and being reduced. Should be at 28% for 2008.

But, based on what? We provide a service for customers outside of the RD and would want to bill them out of the RD.

So no imports no exports so what is the tax rate and/or how is it figured out?

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Why are you thinking of moving some of your business to the DR - to pay less taxes? If that?s the case, why not consider Ireland where the business taxes are about 10% at a flat rate, or the Czech Republic, which is at about 13%, or to the Cayman Islands which have no income taxes, personal or business?

If you are asking this question because you want to pay your fair share while living here in the DR, then first come down and spend a little more time. Ask around to some other companies who engage in online business activities for foreign clients, and ask them for direction.

Sorry that I cannot be of more service to you. Good luck.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I appreciate the response GringoCarlos.
No- not to pay more taxes.
I am quite familiar with the RD.

We moderate online and want to hire locals - to save on wages.

That being said - I guess I will just talk to a lawyer.

Normally DR1 is a bit more helpful.

Jul 21, 2007
Dear Sir,
While looking for opportunities I came upon your ad. I am looking at purchasing a property there. Below is some info and I would appreciate communicating with you. I just returned from a business/personal holiday on the 15th of July to DR.

I have decided to move to the Dominican Republic or other country as soon as December 1, 2007. I am currently and have been employed, in the Oil & Gas industry in Canada since 1996. I have an opportunity to do business from there for my current company as well as others within my industry. I am 46 years old and have been in Management and Business Development for close to 30 years. I am contacting you to explore other options of securing a position in the Dominican Republic or elsewhere. Any advise or opportunities, your firm would offer would be appreciated. My Spanish is limited however; I am enrolling in a 6-week course this week. I thank you in advance for your consideration.