In Sosua for 5 Days . . . Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdd3

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Everyone.

I will be flying into Sosua this Wednesday for 5 days and just found out my usual ride to the hotel will not be there. I also wanted to know the haps on dance clubs and other fun stuff to do. I will be traveling with my other homeboy to have some fun in Sosua.

I will be staying at Club Residencial in Sosua. Please advise:

- What is the best route and approximate cost to get from POP airport to my lodging in Sosua? It is such a rat race at the airport and you can get ganked easily if you don't know

- What are the best dance clubs to go to in Sosua?

- What are other fun things to do in or around the Sosua area?

I have not been to Sosua in 2 years and I would gather a lot may have changed since then.

Thanks.

TD

Sep 19, 2005
You should be able to find a taxi at POP to take you to Sosua, very easily. There are probably many just waiting in line for fares. You will pay slightly higher than you need, but it still wont be much...or just go out on the main street and wait for one of the buses. might be crowded....

I would just do a search here on DR1 and type in fare from POP to sosua, should be a lot of posts will come up.

I dont know if there are a lot of dance clubs in Sosua.... there are a lot of clubs and bars....there are two that play a lot of hip hop and raeggatone, both very close to each other downtone on Pedro Clisante...one is Classicos. The Car Wash plays a lot of Merenge and bachatta and salsa....I only went there once and I didnt hear one hip hop or raeggatone music...

after one or two nights youll find what you want I figure anyway.

bob

Sep 19, 2005
It's on the main highway, on the corner at the most easterly access road into Sosua, parallel with the eastern end of Pedro Clisante.

ha ha ha...come on....Rocky....that description may work for the verterns of Sosua.....but it is cracking me up!! ha ha ha AND I HAVE BEEN to the CARWASH!! ha ha ha......and just because I dont have a better answer doesnt not mean your is still a good description ha ha ha ha

ps we missed you at the pool party...Tavina wanted to give you a big hug... and hear another joke.. ha ha h

bob

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Latinos is a good disco also. They play a lot of hip hop and raeggatone.

The cost of the Taxi is about 20 USD.

Sep 19, 2005
I went to two disco s down town...they were markedly different...

the first classicos upstairs... they play a mix , but lean a lot towards raegatone and hip hop, with some meregenge and bachatta thrown in....the place gets a lot of working girls, but hey thats not a bad thing in my mind..they just hang out. The crowd is mixed.It can get a little crowded sometimes.... then if you come out of there and go left a few bars there is a place in the back that was all hip hop- raegatone. The crowd seemed to me mostly haitan or dominican men all ringing the dance floor...very few tourists and a lot of smoke( cigarete and cigar).

if there is another downtown , I'd like to hear about it.

bob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I went to two disco s down town...they were markedly different...

the first classicos upstairs... they play a mix , but lean a lot towards raegatone and hip hop, with some meregenge and bachatta thrown in....the place gets a lot of working girls, but hey thats not a bad thing in my mind..they just hang out. The crowd is mixed.It can get a little crowded sometimes.... then if you come out of there and go left a few bars there is a place in the back that was all hip hop- raegatone. The crowd seemed to me mostly haitan or dominican men all ringing the dance floor...very few tourists and a lot of smoke( cigarete and cigar).

if there is another downtown , I'd like to hear about it.

bob
The second one is called Sosua Life.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is another one on Pedro Clisante down the street from Harrisons. Not too many people, a little quieter music than the others. I forget the name.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is another one on Pedro Clisante down the street from Harrisons. Not too many people, a little quieter music than the others. I forget the name.
Seacrets. Lousy music. Lousy ambiance. Controls the "chicas" so that a client must pay an exorbitant "salida" to go out with her.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
doesn't the disco in sosua life have a name ? i thought i saw flyers with a name on it that Alex gave to me when i was there in march.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Seacrets. Lousy music. Lousy ambiance. Controls the "chicas" so that a client must pay an exorbitant "salida" to go out with her.

I was always under the impression that prostitution was'nt illegal in the DR, but pimping is. Is'nt paying a salida a form of pimping?

I know some business owners say that the salida covers what the girls get paid while you take them out, but I doubt that has any basis in reality when the salida prices are so high.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
doesn't the disco in sosua life have a name ? i thought i saw flyers with a name on it that Alex gave to me when i was there in march.
Well, you have brought up a good point.
If my info is accurate, I do believe that the owner/operator of Sosua life is the same guy who owned/operated D'Classico disco on the 2nd floor, just up the street from his present location.
Perhaps he has named the disco in Sosua Life, "Classicos"

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I was always under the impression that prostitution was'nt illegal in the DR, but pimping is. Is'nt paying a salida a form of pimping?

I know some business owners say that the salida covers what the girls get paid while you take them out, but I doubt that has any basis in reality when the salida prices are so high.
I'm afraid that I know nothing about the legalities of charging salidas.
All I know is that they ask for 1,000 pesos for one of the "chicas" to leave with a client.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

This is the new "Latinos" disco, been open about 6 months now...small, dark club, mostly Dominican crowd, but very lively...and more latin music than hip-hop.

Florie

Jun 21, 2006
Where is Latinos located? Downtown? The Car Wash was a lot of fun last night. Great music: Merengue, bachata and reggaeton. I was the only tourist last night. From there I went to check the Merengue festival near by but due to the rain it was dead. I understand that the festival is going on for 8 days. Any good places to listen to music tomorrow and Tuesday? Name and where? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.