Baseball Movie at NY City Latino Film Fest

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
There will be a movie playing about baseball in the Dominican Republic at the New York Latino Film Festival. The movie is called 'Rumbo A Las Grandes Ligas (Road to the Big Leagues)" and it plays on Thursday, July 26th and Saturday July 28th.

There is a brief trailer online for it, along with additional information and ticket info here RUMBO A LAS GRANDES LIGAS (Road to the Big Leagues) | New York International Latino Film Festival

I have not seen it yet, but the trailer looks fantastic!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wow...the trailer does look great.

THere was recently a documentary (i believe on PBS) it was interesting and all...but it was more about the history of DR baseball..and not the current game.

I'll try to check it out

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Great

I'm going to be in NY this coming weekend (actually meeting up with some DR friends - the point of the trip).

I'll make it a point to try and check this out.

Thanks for the lead!

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
Jrzyguy, you might have been thinking about The Republic of Baseball, which I saw on PBS too. They have a website, just FYI, where you can order the DVD at Republic of Baseball - The Dominican Giants of the American Game.

You can watch a clip on their website to see if it's the one you were thinking of. If it's not, I don't know which it might be, but let us know if you find out!

I'm hopefully going to try and catch the Saturday showing of this new one, and if I do will write a review to let people know if its worthwhile or not.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Anyone in NYC planning on attending?

Would love to yell at each other in person if so.