First Choice Airways - UK to Dom Rep

xdaniellex

Apr 30, 2007
anyone used this service?
Was it any good?

I'll be going with them in September & havent seen many reviews around, so thought Id post a topic for myself & other passengers that may be going with them.

;)

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
first choice is as good as any of the outher charter flight companies i.e. mytravel, thomson etc. I fly from manchester to punta cana 5 - 8 times a year, price is more important so i search for the best price for flight only. does anyone have any info on uk charter flights into la romana as they have stopped for some time now.

Joy-H

Jun 4, 2007
www.bebo.com
My OH and I are travelling with MYT to DR in September too but we fly from Glasgow, so hope its a comfy flight. This is our 3rd year with MYT and so far so good

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I flew First Choice Premier.....Very Impressed!

I flew with First Choice Airways from London Gatwick to POP in Sept 2006. I booked their Premier option online because it was only 60 pounds sterling more expensive than their standard option making a grand total of 260 pounds return! It actually saved me money because I was carrying a lot of excess baggage and it included 10k of extra baggage allowance (30k total). Obviously, I got a great deal on price because I left it till the day before the flight to book it and picked the ticket up at the airport.

It also included priority check in and baggage reclaim, larger seats, more blankets and pillows, free drinks all flight, a glass of champagne and fresh fruit on take off, choice of meal and extras during the flight such as ice cream. All the staff were amazingly friendly, courteous and helpful from the moment I stepped into the airport to the moment I landed. I have to say that I only booked the premier option for the extra baggage, but I was very impressed and would definitely prefer to fly with them again using this option. I've flown with 'My Travel' and 'Thompson' before on their standard service and there was absolutely no comparison (though obviously I'm not sure what they offer in the way of 'Premier' options).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
firts choice is great. lot more leg room and food was served to everyone - on thomson it is only for those who paid 17 pounds extra for a warm plastic lasagna and a hard cold sandwich....

xdaniellex

Apr 30, 2007
Thanks to everyone that has replied :D I am looking forward to my flight and I have upgraded for the extra leg room and treats as it is a long flight! Not long till I go now and cant wait!