real estate agency

BostonPaul

Jul 23, 2007
Hello everyone:
I found this sentence on the DR site: "Real estate agents in the Dominican Republic are not licensed or regulated by the government. There is presently a bill in Congress which may regulate the practice in the near future."

I am not sure when this was written, but am wondering if there have been new developments. Can anyone call themselves a realt estate agent and work selling real estate with no licensing or registration of any kind?

Whats going on with the bill mentioned above?

--Paul

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello everyone:
I found this sentence on the DR site: "Real estate agents in the Dominican Republic are not licensed or regulated by the government. There is presently a bill in Congress which may regulate the practice in the near future."

I am not sure when this was written, but am wondering if there have been new developments. Can anyone call themselves a realt estate agent and work selling real estate with no licensing or registration of any kind?

Whats going on with the bill mentioned above?

--Paul
Still no need for licensing.

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
still no licensing

here is the DR. Anyone can sell real estate, and anyone can collect commissions, not like in the states.

There are real estate organizations, but they are just organizations. Good chance to get together, bs and drink cerezas. There have even been a group of people that tried to set up a multiple listings service, but do to Dominican mentality were unsuccessful.

Some agents work with others agents, and that is the closest you will get to some sort of regulations as they keep tabs on one another.

JRR