Occidental Grand Puerto Plata

travelaround

Jul 22, 2007
Has anyone stayed at the Occidental Grand Puerto Plata or any hotels in that area.Are they shows any good,do they have shows?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Havent stayed at this particular resort but every AI to my knowledge has shows. (every one I have ever stayed at).
Most are ok, keep things in perspective, this ISNT Hollywood so manage your expectations, sit back, have a drink and enjoy.
You will have a great time if you go with the right attitude and dont RELY on others to entertain you.
Have a great trip.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Occidental Hotels

We have had great experiences at all the Occidental Hotels but those in Playa Dorado have been especially wonderful.The staff makes the older well worn amenities worth it.Don't expect gourmet food & Vegas shows but the food is plentiful and varied enough for all appetites,and the entertainment certainly highlights the versatility of a great animation staff. The beach is lovely & kept clean,a nice walking beach.Great "generous" bartenders.Great places to kick back & really relax.
Enjoy!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Has anyone stayed at the Occidental Grand Puerto Plata or any hotels in that area.Are they shows any good,do they have shows?

May I respectfully ask whether you have visited the DR before? Where do you live full time? What is it that you are wanting from your holiday? I am only asking these questions to be able to possibly offer you some advice on how to make it a "special" holiday as opposed to just a "good" holiday.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
They do have regular shows and some are not too bad, as long as you don't expect Hollywood, as a previous poster stated.

They also have a house band that is shared with a sister resort, so they play 3 nights per week, with both a male and female singer.

I believe when you are staying at the Grande you can go see the band when they play at the sister resort (right next door ) should you wish to.