Rentals in Boca Chica

JKnee81

Jul 23, 2007
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a restaurant or hotel on Boca Chica that rents out the chairs and tables for a reasonable price for the day? i don't mind buying food from them as long as its also reasonable. Also can anyone suggest someone who rents out the pedal boats or other water equipment? And what are the average prices for these items?
Thanks!!;)

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Playa Vista

You should try Playa Vista. You can find more info if you google "Playa Vista Boca Chica". The tables and chairs are free, or very cheap, if you spend some money there. It is run by a Brit named Peter and it is a pleasant low key place. He serves food but it is supplied by other local restaurants as Playa Vista doesn't have a kitchen. He offers beach service,wifi, bathrooms and a semi-outdoor shower. The patio is avaiable if you want to escape the roving vendors. I don't know where to rent any water toys, perhaps at the Hamaca. He also has a blog on DR1. Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Playa Vista and paddle boats

I second Playa Vista, everything you need especially if you speak only English, except for their own food. Pizza delivered from next door is not bad. The paddle boats can be rented from a vendor just past Playa Vista, going in the direction of the "old" Hamaca. The boats are usually sitting in the water, move towards them, and they will find you. I think there is another paddle boat vendor a bit closer to the Hamaca also, prices are the same, by the hour.