Hotel Victorio vs. Hotel Atlantico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polycarp

Jul 25, 2007
I thank you all for your feedback about Portofino. I have done a little invetigatingand I have narrowed it down to Victoriano and Atlantico. Does anyone have any opinions as to which they prefer. Does anyone have experience with either hotel. Your advise would be much appreciated

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The ONLY thing wrong with the PortoFino in relation to the other two .... is it's price! FAR quieter & a little 'out of the centre of town'!!

Victoriana (I believe it has an 'a' ending rather than 'o' but I could be wrong) is 'up market' of Atlantico which is more a few rooms in an extended house. If you choose a busy time, you get one of the 'Outhouses' round the back!

MY advice would be - don't book in advance but check out each in turn when you get here. Get the taxi in to Puerto Plata, visit Atlantico (on Doce de Julio just beyond R.U.S.A's). If that doesn't suit, go round the corner to Victoriana & then on to PortoFino if you still haven't found anything suitable. ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you're looking for really inexpensive there is also Hotel Ilra on Calle Villanueva. Not all that far from Victoriana and Atlantico so maybe worth incorporating into the taxi tour? Ilra is more like Atlantico than Victoriana but it doesn't rent by the hour (relax........I don't think they do either) ..............there are places in town which do & have signs to that effect so maybe best to avoid them. ;)

gringo1

Feb 23, 2007
I recommend Hotel Indio, about two blocks fvrom the Caribe tour station. 300rd a night, walking distance to busses, grocery and pretty much eerything else. A bit loud at night fvrom the disco out on the street, but it has a fridge and cable tvf fvor a good price. Manuel is the owner. The rooms in Victorian are tiny rom my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.