Stolen Electricity

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
My friend says he knows a guy from his hood that will put lights in my house for 300 pesos, and he keeps telling me not to worry about. Yo no lo voy hacer porke yo no kiero problemas con policia or whatever pero yo kiero saber cuales son las consecuencias for doing this sort of thing...

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
My friend says he knows a guy from his hood that will put lights in my house for 300 pesos, and he keeps telling me not to worry about. Yo no lo voy hacer porke yo no kiero problemas con policia or whatever pero yo kiero saber cuales son las consecuencias for doing this sort of thing...

you will go to jail...
bob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You made the correct decision.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
I know I will go to jail thats common sense but i want to know if its true that that **** can burn down my house because they tell me these guys be installing this **** very poorly

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know I will go to jail thats common sense but i want to know if its true that that **** can burn down my house because they tell me these guys be installing this **** very poorly
Actually yes, it is possible, as these guys might use wire so small that it would heat up and cause a fire.
Of course, that's just in theory, as I have never heard of such a thing, but the possibility does exist.
Either way around, it's not a wise move.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
ok I just wanted to make sure because most of the neighbors around taht house are family members of mine and I was concerned about their safety in case someone does try to put the electricity up in there...

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Untill recently stealing electricity was not considered a crime. Any day now the new law is expected to go into effect which will allow jail time for electricity theft.

Up till now it has generally been a safe bet to steal electricity, because the fines were generally less than the value of electricity stolen by the time you got caught. (if ever)

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I used to catch and prosecute folks for that when I had a corporate J-O-B in my past life.......if folks only knew how dangerous it was to do.

Electricity holds no malice towards any particular race, creed or color...it's an equal opportunity killer.

If you play with it, chances are....you will get burned.