Bringing a Nanny from DR.

HHWisdom4me

Nov 29, 2004
Hello,
I'm hoping someone could help me with this. I'm having a baby at the end of the year and I have someone in DR, whom I trust to take care of my child and would like to bring her to the US.
Does anyone know the process for getting her a visa to come here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I c an tell you that my son and his wife took a nanny to the state with them. The visa lasts a year. I do not know all of the details, but I suppose it can be renewed.
One of the major issues is that the nannys soon learn all the ins and outs of living in the US of A and learn just how much they can make working on their own. Some just go illegal and others try to go legal so they can work.

HB

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I did it!

I documented the whole process here on DR1.

The Nanny, is a 21 year old, single woman, no kids, no property, no bank account.

9 FAM 41.31 N6.3-2 Personal/Domestic Employees of U.S. Citizens on Temporary Assignment in the United States.

Some of the links has been disabled by the U.S Department of Stupidity. I think they thought, they hid the web-pages with Iraq's WoMD,

But the process is unchanged, and very few people at the Consulate, are aware of it.

This Visa is mainly for support Personnel, of the Consulate Appointments.

And you can bring up to 6 people, if you are legitimate.

Ex: Nanny, Cook, Maid, Security, Masseuse, Mistress, Novia.

Well maybe not the last 3, but you get the idea.

Here's the full link.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/29761-u-s-consulate-visa-trip.html

I do travel back for extended stays, due to work.

My work has me traveling out of the Country, 9 months of the year, to other countries.

But we still have Houses, accounts, cars and family in the D.R..

My Nanny is now a Permanent Resident, it was effortless.

I've been comming in every other weekend, since my Wife, 3 Kids a Dog & the Nanny have been on Vacation in the DR, since June 16th.

Alas all good things must come to an END, my status as a high flying Bachelor, will come to an end Tues, Aug 28th, when I must return to my former self and retrive the clan from JFK.:bored:

And Nanny is now a Permanent Resident, it was effortless.

Check the link out, it has a ton of info.

Tim H.