Santo Domingo US Embassy Serve TCN(Third Country Nationals)?

hiyujin

Jul 30, 2007
Hi,

I am a South Korean citizen who is currently in the US who needs to go outside the US to get a H1B visa stamped which has been approved by USCIS. I am not sure if the US Embassy in Santo Domingo extends non-immigrant visa service to Third Country Nationals. I know a few consulates in Mexico and Canada do as they have it as their policy. An attorney told me each US consulate has a different policy on that matter. Does anyone know if the US embassy in Santo Domingo process visas for non-Dominicans or non-US citizens? I emailed the consulate, but no luck. If they do, how do I purchase the PIN to make an appointment from the US? Do Banco Popular branches in the US also see PINs?
I already have an appointment with Vancouver consulate, but I really really want to visit DR. Have never been to the Caribbean. Any information is appreciated.

Kind regards,

lgarcia

Jul 22, 2008
Hey hiyujin,

I read your post, sorry that i read it about a year later.

Anyway, At the moment i am in the same situation you were a year ago.

I am in the process of getting my H1b stam sometime after october 1st 2008.

I am from the DR and I know that i need to go back home sometime soon in order to get the stamp. Like you said, i sent emails to the us embassy in the DR and i had no luck, nobody replies.

Anyways, I wanted to know, did you get information about the H1b stamp process in the DR?

Did you finally get your stamp?

How long did it take you?, because someone told me that I need to go to the consulate (at least in the DR) and submitt the documents, and then, 3 days later is when i show up at the embassy or consulate for the real H1b appointment.

IS that true?

Did that happen to you?

BEcause at the moment I work in the US. Maybe that means that I will loose 3 or 4 working days which I don;t think my boss will be very happy with that idea.

Please let me know,

Thanks