Beautiful Dominican Eye Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Looking at the pictures in Nal's latest polls about beautiful Dominicans reminded me just how much I am attracted to the strange but beautiful eye colors on the island.
Some of the colors are hard to describe such as a very light blue. The blue is so light that it is almost white. YUMMY! Then there is the light and dark green colors. Of course there are the browns but...well...brown is brown.
I find the light blues and green eyed Dominicans attractive.
It got me to wondering what mix were the parents of these people. The ones I know with lighter colored eyes were from parents who are both Dominican. Somewhere in the family tree there has got to be another nationality mixed in. Maybe Spain?

yohan

Aug 4, 2007
Eye

dominican rep was colonized by spain so the answer is there.
i noticed that people from island or really'' mixt''. i mean by that even if they have the same mother and father their kids
will be complitly different:eek:ne whith green eyes and dark hair
one with brown eyes and blond hair!!!and their parents are dark as a chocolat bar !?
i have no explenation for that but they sure looks good!!!!!

Corina.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
But there is so much more than just looking at the eye color of these fine people. Yes the folks are beautiful, but they like so many other cultures have more to offer than just their beauty.

cuas

May 29, 2006
Before the AIDS epidemics American troops left a lot of children behind. In Villa Mella a lot of native girls were pregnant by the troops. My grandmother had a maid (very dark skin) from Villa Mella she told us one of her cousins (minor) had a white baby with blue eyes to raise on her own. At that time the troop was stationed in Villa Mella.
Imagine how many times troops were sent to DR. and some of them promising LOVE FOR EVER to local girls. To prevent diseases they were not looking for prostitutes.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I am surprised no-one has mentioned colored contact lenses. Obviously this does not account for all cases, but EVERY dominican I have met with unusual eye colors turned out to be wearing colored lenses.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
colored lenses use to be an in thing here in the US but has since died out. i wonder where all those colored contact lenses went.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
American troops are notorious for this type of behavior, wherever in the world they happen to be stationed. This is the army's' dirty little secret.

And all it takes is a couple of GIs', no more than that and they really don't need a whole lot of time to do it in.

And as for eye color, every single girl I met in the DR who had an exotic eye color had colored contacts on. Nothing exotic about that.

Berzin, then you must go to San Juan ( Not Rio San Juan ) , Ocoa and Bani .. there arent any contacts there ...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Berzin, then you must go to San Juan ( Not Rio San Juan ) , Ocoa and Bani .. there arent any contacts there ...
Or begin to notice the color of the eyes of children all over the DR. I doubt they are wearing contacts.

-NALs

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I assure you that the people I knew with different eye colors were not wearing contacts. I said I was attracted to the eyes ... ummm.. being a female I am attracted to MEN. I am positive that they were not wearing contact lenses. Aye Dios Mio!
Where on earth are you meeting all these contact wearing Dominicans?
NALS makes a good point when he said to check out the children's eye color. It reminded me of a little girl in JD with the most beautiful eyes. Her mother is Hatian/Dominican and her father an Itailian. Her eyes were stunning and she had beautiful blonde curly hair.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I assure you that the people I knew with different eye colors were not wearing contacts. I said I was attracted to the eyes ... ummm.. being a female I am attracted to MEN. I am positive that they were not wearing contact lenses. Aye Dios Mio!
Where on earth are you meeting all these contact wearing Dominicans?
NALS makes a good point when he said to check out the children's eye color. It reminded me of a little girl in JD with the most beautiful eyes. Her mother is Hatian/Dominican and her father an Itailian. Her eyes were stunning and she had beautiful blonde curly hair.

Where on earth am I meeting these contact-wearing Dominicans? Everywhere I go. It's colored contacts. If not its' just plain ol' brown and dark brown for eye color.

But I have'nt been to San Jaun or Bani yet, so we'll see.

And the little girl you speak of? Daughter of a puta and her foriegn client-doesn't count. I'm talking about regular everyday Dominicans, like the ones you see hanging out on the malecon playing with their children on a Sunday when the road is closed to traffic or the ones leaving church service on a Sunday in La Vega.

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
I've been to Bani several times and I have not seen that many people with exotic looking eyes...and believe me...I look! I do however know that some people do wear colored contacts--I've seen that with my own eyes.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I apologize to you Berzin if it sounded like I was insulting you or questioning the validity of Dominicans wearing contact lenses. Of course I know that some do wear them. I will keep in mind in the future that I am writing on a message board and sometimes things are taken in the wrong way. After re-reading my post I understand why you felt insulted. If you have ever read any of my past posts you should know that I am not the confrontational type.

Now as for your response: "And the little girl you speak of? Daughter of a puta and her foriegn client-doesn't count. I'm talking about regular everyday Dominicans, like the ones you see hanging out on the malecon playing with their children on a Sunday when the road is closed to traffic or the ones leaving church service on a Sunday in La Vega." there was no need for that comment at all! I think you have been reading too many sankie stories. The couple that I was writing about have been married for several years, they own a business and are well respected members of the community. Oh, and by the way, they go to church too.
It is comments like yours that take a nice innocent thread about beautiful eyes and turn it into a pizz'n contest. I realize that my last paragraph is confrontational but I felt the need to defend good people.
Again, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by not making myself clearer in my other post.

GH10ad

May 12, 2007
I was discussing this with my Dominican Fiancee. Her mother has green eyes but all the rest of her family have Brown eyes. All have black hair.

I am white and British, all my family have Blue eyes. I have always had brown hair with a hint of copper colour. My Mother was a blonde, my sister and one of my brothers were blond until the age of maybe 11 or 12 then became brown. My other brother always had brown hair. My father had brown hair.

If my Dominican Fiancee and I have children, I think the dominant genes would make the child have dark hair, probably black hair, Brown eyes and some skin colour. With her mother being green eyed maybe this is possible as she says there are a lot of people with green eyes in the Dominican Republic too. The chances of blue eyes are very low but not impossible. I have seen pictures of black women with blue eyes. Not Haition black but mixed like the DR or Jamaica.

It is very interesting to me this type of thing.

Robee

Dec 2, 2005
Amber (ambar) and Larimar

I am particularly amazed to see that in the Dominican Republic you can find many people with amber (ambar) colored eyes as well as blueish larimar eyes. Both of these minerals can be found on the island. Is as if people actually came out of the earth. It is a beautiful feature of my friends in the DR.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I apologize to you Berzin if it sounded like I was insulting you or questioning the validity of Dominicans wearing contact lenses. Of course I know that some do wear them. I will keep in mind in the future that I am writing on a message board and sometimes things are taken in the wrong way. After re-reading my post I understand why you felt insulted. If you have ever read any of my past posts you should know that I am not the confrontational type.

Now as for your response: "And the little girl you speak of? Daughter of a puta and her foriegn client-doesn't count. I'm talking about regular everyday Dominicans, like the ones you see hanging out on the malecon playing with their children on a Sunday when the road is closed to traffic or the ones leaving church service on a Sunday in La Vega." there was no need for that comment at all! I think you have been reading too many sankie stories. The couple that I was writing about have been married for several years, they own a business and are well respected members of the community. Oh, and by the way, they go to church too.
It is comments like yours that take a nice innocent thread about beautiful eyes and turn it into a pizz'n contest. I realize that my last paragraph is confrontational but I felt the need to defend good people.
Again, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings by not making myself clearer in my other post.

You're the one who took it the wrong way. I wasn't insulted at all, I was just answering your question. But please, reality is reality. A large percentage of the time a scenario like the one you mentioned is between a puta and her client.
I'm glad to hear they are both upstanding members of the community, but it still doesn't count. She's Haitian and hes' Italian. Maybe I should of left it at that. Happy?:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Sep 19, 2005
I have to also believe it is european and american blood in those people with the colored eyes...it is a trait that can skip a generation. My father has blue eyes and i have green....only one child ended up with blue eyes, but my son has blue eyes.

you see a child with light hair and blue or green eyes, and I bet he is part american pr british, from some where down the line...

I find a dark skinned dominicana with a european nose, long black hair and light colored eyes to be one the most beautiful combinations possible.....

I hope to make one one day!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

bob

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Dejame decirte porque.......

It is comments like yours that take a nice innocent thread about beautiful eyes and turn it into a pizz'n contest.
Perhaps it's because MOST foreigners DO NOT know the basic Dominican history. (Not saying that he doesn't know much about Dominican history but it's in the books, that's all I have to say).

Genes, people, GENES. It's in the GENES.

Yes, I have seen a few young Dominicans with colored senses, just like I have seen in Puerto Rico and Mexico, but NONE of the people I know in the DR use colored lenses, NONE.

It's a fashion, just like tattoos, piercing and male with earrings, that NOT everybody in the DR agrees with.

Let's me get a little personal here, since I was talking about genes:

I have ONE brother who is blond and has very VEEEEERY light brown eyes. Perhaps it's because my grandfather's (from my mother side), a Puerto Rican, parents where from Spain and were blond with blue eyes.

I have an uncle (from my father side) who looks 1,000% Arab. The hair, the color, everything. Perhaps it's because my grandparents where from from Spain and their ancestors were from Arabia, and we all know (or should know) what happened between the "Moros" and "Cristianos".

Think Genes, people!.

Status
Not open for further replies.