I may have made a very bad mistake with a chica last trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
I've been seeing this girl for my last 2 trips but last trip I may have made a tragic error on the last day and this is where I ask you people for advice. Last trip (about a month ago) I saw this chica (Girlfriend experience) for 8 days. She was the only girl I was with, and everyday I would go to the family ranch with her and her family would cook a lot of free food for me and give me beer. She went to the discos with me and we basically did everything a happy couple would do. She never asked for money, and I bought her a couple of small gifts and she was more than happy with them. Here on the last day of my trip, I slipped and made a bad error because I was softened up. At the airport, after we hugged and kissed good bye, I took out a 100 dollar bill and gave it to her. She seemed very suprised at this because she never even asked for money in the first place. I told her to spend it on food and family only. Now, after telling my friends this, they all say the same thing;
that because I gave her the 100 dollars, I made a major fool out of myself because now next time I go back to see her, she's going to expect the money this time because by giving her the money, I paid her for her time. She used to call everyday before I gave her the 100 dollars, but now she rarely calls, and the excuse is: Her phone isnt working and she wants me to buy her a new phone. Is this proof that now she sees me as a wad of money, and wants to suck out as much out of me as possible? Could I fix this mess by just not giving her any more cash?
Basically I just want to know if I spoiled her with that 100 dollars?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Basically I just want to know if I spoiled her with that 100 dollars?

I was wondering why she treated me to dinner at el Toro!

gracias,

tambo'

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
come along, sing with me!

...Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

one more time.... come on!

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Bro, why would you give this girl $100 dollars? I mean, are you seeing this girl or sponsoring her?

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
Bro, why would you give this girl $100 dollars? I mean, are you seeing this girl or sponsoring her?

I am not sponsoring her. I gave her 100 dollars because I felt obliged to because her family gave me free meals and drinks everyday, not to mention, the girl gave me the time of my life, so it just felt very natural to slip her a 100 bucks. Problem is....I wasnt thinking about the consequences of that and how giving her that mere 100 dollars would change her perspective of me for the worst. Question is...can I fix this?

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
Now, would the 100 $ not be sufficient to buy a phone? ;)
Dame m?s, dame algo....

Janin

Thats EXACTLY why I posted this in the first place....I have reason to believe that she is playing games on me, with stories about how she doesnt have enough money to call me, when I just gave her 100 dollars...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Unless we are off to fantasy land again :rolleyes: I think you insulted her. She might have thought she was treating you as a possible future husband which would have netted mucho dinero and a house but by giving her 100 bucks you treated her like a puta and now is acting like sankiette. ;)

Have you actually ever met anyone from DR1 while in the DR? Just curious

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
The problem is, you would have never done this for a girl in the states (assuming that's where you're from). I guess you might have thought you were helping her because she comes from a third world country, blah blah blah. Needless to say, what's done is done. Just be honest with this girl. Explain what happened and have a talk about it. To fix the problem you should be talking to her and not DR1.

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
Unless we are off to fantasy land again :rolleyes: I think you insulted her. She might have thought she was treating you as a possible future husband which would have netted mucho dinero and a house but by giving her 100 bucks you treated her like a puta and now is acting like sankiette. ;)

Have you actually ever met anyone from DR1 while in the DR? Just curious

Anna I know that she got offended that I gave her money, it was a bad mistake I made. What happened allready happened, I cannot go back in time or agonize over the whole thing because that would do me no good. My question is...WHAT can I do to fix the problem? I will see her again next week in the DR...

drny

Jun 12, 2007
I am not sponsoring her. I gave her 100 dollars because I felt obliged to because her family gave me free meals and drinks everyday, not to mention, the girl gave me the time of my life, so it just felt very natural to slip her a 100 bucks. Problem is....I wasnt thinking about the consequences of that and how giving her that mere 100 dollars would change her perspective of me for the worst. Question is...can I fix this?

Look bro, you tried to be a gentleman and do what you thought was the right thing by giving her a few bucks and telling her to spend it on her folks. You should hardly be condemned for that but the truth is- that opens the door for you to see her true colors. She didn't change her perspective, she was just waiting for you to make the first move. Now she feels it's o.k. to ask for more. The best way to fix it is don't try to fix it. Hold pat, don't buy her s**t, and wait for her to reach out to you if wants. If not, there will always be another one to hang out with the next time around.

SunAndBuns

Mar 18, 2007
The problem is, you would have never done this for a girl in the states (assuming that's where you're from). I guess you might have thought you were helping her because she comes from a third world country, blah blah blah. Needless to say, what's done is done. Just be honest with this girl. Explain what happened and have a talk about it. To fix the problem you should be talking to her and not DR1.

You are saying that I should bring up the issue about the money and tell her that giving it to her was a mistake? I was steering more towards not mentioning it ever again, UNLESS, she happens to ask for money, just leaving it behind and being very careful in the future not to give her any cash.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Anna I know that she got offended that I gave her money, it was a bad mistake I made. What happened allready happened, I cannot go back in time or agonize over the whole thing because that would do me no good. My question is...WHAT can I do to fix the problem? I will see her again next week in the DR...

ask for it back!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Well my dear the real question is what do you want to do about it. By giving her the money you have seen another side of her that I assume didn't come up till now. So what do you want? Do you want to be with someone that will be asking for money all the time? This actally was a good test now it's up to you.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
You are saying that I should bring up the issue about the money and tell her that giving it to her was a mistake? I was steering more towards not mentioning it ever again, UNLESS, she happens to ask for money, just leaving it behind and being very careful in the future not to give her any cash.

In my opinion, if you guys don't talk about it, there will be a weird atmosphere between you two. It is obviously on your mind so it's best to just get it out there. I guess you could try to sweep it under the rug, but this seems to be eating at you so I don't know how easy that will be.

In the end, I'm just some guy you've never met giving you relationship advice. It's your decision, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.