Motor Oil Changing Business

corecto

Jun 18, 2003
Any opion?

I am contemplaing the posibility of starting a motor/tansmition oil changing business in The DR and I am writing to ask people's opinion. My concept is going to be like a Quick Lube--the type that one finds in the USA. Do you think this will work in the DR?

Thanks for your opinion.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Plenty of Competition

Almost every petrol station and many a car wash have oil changing facilities on their premises.
An then there are the 'under-a-tree' mechanics...

Janin

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
it is not a great idea to start a business that dominicans can easily compete with. They can usually work cheaper than you because they have better connections. This mean they build cheaper, hire cheaper, pay less taxes, pay less fees.

Highly skilled professions will do well. If you are a great mechanic/ bodyshop/ electrician/ cabinetmaker/ chef/ baker/ butcher/ plumber/ AC repair/ computer repair/ networking etc you can do well in some areas.

other areas that working gringos do well in are property managment, construction contractors, real estate sales, education.

Capitalize on your advantages and work with the system! good luck

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
thats an interesting idea. Will dominicans convert to starbucks american style coffee? if you have a big enough american clientel you might do real well

one thing i find really hard to get here is a decent snack. Doughnuts, a good quality quick hot dog etc....

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
If you are serious about the Oil Changing business, have you considered all of the enviornmental issues? Best of luck anyway!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I think Starbucks and the Donut idea would only do well where you have large amounts of tourists and ex pats willing to pay the price!

I would kill for a frappuccino........