Dominicans in Cincinnati, OH/Northern KY Area

cnote73

Aug 8, 2007
Hey...I know there are a lot of Dominicans living in the Cincinnati area, especially in Hamilton/Fairfield, OH and in Florence, KY. But no one can tell me where to find a Dominican Hair Salon. There is a Dominican barber in Fairfield, which is great for my little boy. But women need a stylist here. So if anyone knows of anybody or even someone working out of their home, please let me know.

For those of you in other parts of the country who do Dominican hair, you could make serious money if you opened a salon here. The clients would be all the way out the door and down the block.

djfelo

Nov 12, 2008
Cuba's Barbershop
1143 S Erie Hwy
Hamilton, OH 45011
(513) 894-1947

The stylist name is Dulce

dominicangirl29

Apr 26, 2009
I am looking for dominicans friends and I don't know where they are, I live in cincinnati in the cheviot area, please come out from whenever you are I am looking for you, I am dominican too, and I need some dominicans friends

1chula809

Jun 17, 2011
I am looking for dominicans friends and I don't know where they are, I live in cincinnati in the cheviot area, please come out from whenever you are I am looking for you, I am dominican too, and I need some dominicans friends

hola chica ..i live in the colrain mt healthy area

vickisantana

Aug 29, 2011
I live in Cincinnati and i can't even find a Bachata Cd or a Dominican friend. I came from New York and its very different here. I need to hang out with real people.

dominicangirl29

Apr 26, 2009
You can pm and we can exchange numbers.... I can tell you of a few places to go dancing, there is also jungle jims international super market where you can get anything Dominican pertaining to food. Also, the mexican stores usually have some dominican products. Salsa on the square will be starting up next month Downtown, that is a good place to meet Dominicans but here you will find that is best to expand who you are friends with as there are not many Dominicans like in NYC. I have friends from all over latin america and of course from the US.

Sadly no Dominican restaurants but you can try Sabor Peruano in Farirfield, it's a great Peruvian restaurant and they have chicaron con yuca frita y platanos maduros.

Nicole.caa1

Nov 3, 2012
Anyone know of any dominican bars/clubs? I heard nuevo rodeo maybe? In fairfield? Thinkin about checkin it out. Theres gotta be at least one dominican bar!

dominicangirl29

Apr 26, 2009
The only Dominican bar I know of is Rodeo. I think the cover charge is $5 dollars. However, there are other places to go dancing in the area which play latin music. There is The penguin on Wednesdays on downtown, also Lunar has latin dancing on Thursdays and the Whiskie? Bar on Fridays. You can go to Dayton on Saturdays to Therapy Cafe with DJ Danny.

Prince Royce is coming on the 11th of this month, should be fun. He is coming to el rodeo. I bet all the Dominicans in the area will be there, including me ha.

Send me a private message and I can give you my number and could also show you around!!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hey...I know there are a lot of Dominicans living in the Cincinnati area, especially in Hamilton/Fairfield, OH and in Florence, KY. But no one can tell me where to find a Dominican Hair Salon. There is a Dominican barber in Fairfield, which is great for my little boy. But women need a stylist here. So if anyone knows of anybody or even someone working out of their home, please let me know.

For those of you in other parts of the country who do Dominican hair, you could make serious money if you opened a salon here. The clients would be all the way out the door and down the block.

Why does it have to be a Dominican salon??? Couldn't any competent stylist work on ANYONE'S hair? Is it you're looking for particular styles? If so, show any good stylist a photo and they can work from that. I don't think it could be a problem with types of or characteristics of the hair itself. There are many types of hair among Dominicans; and again, any good stylist, properly schooled, is able to work on all types of hair.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Why does it have to be a Dominican salon??? Couldn't any competent stylist work on ANYONE'S hair? Is it you're looking for particular styles? If so, show any good stylist a photo and they can work from that. I don't think it could be a problem with types of or characteristics of the hair itself. There are many types of hair among Dominicans; and again, any good stylist, properly schooled, is able to work on all types of hair.

You'd have to be a Dominican woman to understand.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Well, it doesn't really matter if the stylist is good and properly schooled! If they are only used to dealing with white people's hair, the results will be like if you haven't been to the salon at all.

JulioTavarez

Jul 3, 2008
Hi, I am interning with a company in cincinnati and wanted if there specific spots where dominicans hangout.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Julio: I'm not sure if there's a Dominican hangout per se, as I live in Michigan. I was however in Cinci this past weekend and then we went to Fairfield, OH to Jungle Jim's Jungle Jim's International Market and I had the impression that in that area there are quite a few latinos including some Dominicans. I ran into at least three families at this store who were obvious Dominicans (Heard them talk), although I kept to myself. So you may want to look into that area.

qrini00

Sep 26, 2013
Hi Everyone! I have been living in Cincy for a year now, moved from NYC for work and I have met very few Dominicans, sad! I have read a lot of the post about dominican hair stylist, I have NOT found one. I wait to go to NYC to get my hair cut. Anyone have any luck finding one they can recommend??