Emergency advice needed!

meola

Apr 17, 2007
Hey everyone, I need this info within next 3 days, I've got 2 questions for you experts.

1. Can any of you recommend a good dentist? I'm hoping for someone with good clean office, etc. I have a cavity! Eeek!

2. What one thing would you NOT miss as a tourist? Restaurants? Museums?

Now I know these sites have controversies surrounding doctors/dentists and people advertising for their clinics. I don't want to upset any hornet's nests but I DO need some advice, I trust that someone here can give me some help.

Thanks everyone have a great weekend, I'll be in Santo Domingo ;)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The OP says,

Twice in one night you got me! I better get new glasses.

El Conde which is the main street in Zona Colonial. Have a Presidente beer at Pacos Restaurant and enjoy the pedestrian traffic. Across the street from Pacos is a park where they have a small time changing of the guard. It is no big deal but it is nice to watch.

Be sure to go inside the Cathedral of Santo Domingo and take a walk around the area.

Plaza de Cultura has a few museums, but last time I was there they were closed for renovations.

If you want to shop Dominican style take a taxi ($100 pesos) to Plaza Lama on Calle Durate.

You can also go to Mercado Modelo on Avenida Mella.

For the best information for things to do in Zona Colonial go here:

The Complete Guide to Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Tourist Information, Restaurants, Night Life, Hotels, History, Monuments, Maps, Music, Businesses, Folklore, Calendar, Language and So Much More.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there are more dentists in Santo Domingo than you can shake a stick at. Look for an Estomat?logo/a. These are trained at PUCMM in Santiago and are very, very good.

Now if you were in Santiago, I could take you by the hand and lead you to a fine dentist....

HB

meola

Apr 17, 2007
Sounds good!

I will be there within next 1 1/2 years, if you mean Santiago, Chile. Latin America is so damn exciting, I plan to go everywhere. Next up, after my trip to Santo Domingo, will be Panama. But Chile is pretty high on my list of places I must go.

Thanks for the detailed info bigbird, I'll check out the changing of the guard and having a beer and a quick snack before sounds even better! Presidente beer is Dominican? Trust me, I'll grab a few...

Thanks for the link too. I usually (over)research the places I've visited far more so I appreciate everyone's help.

Anyone with more info on dentists? Dentistas? Err....