Need help sending a package to El Ciebo...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I need to send a small package to El Ceibo. Anyone have any info on how I can get it there safely into the hands of the recipient without it getting "lost"?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Hand deliver it!!!!

Before you send it call up Fed Ex or DHL and see if they go there. If they do great. If they don't see how far they will go. When my sister lived up north I sent her a package. I discovered after the fact that they didn't delivered to her town. It became a huge hassle. Way after the fact I discovered that the pagckage could have been delivered to Santiago (?) and a taxi would have brought it to her town-- live and learn.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Do you mean 'el Seybo'? If so, where are you?. I'm sure someone can help you with the right info. Good luck!!

Zeus.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We lost our best guy in El Seibo a couple of months back. However, there is an International Express Mail which can deliver reasonable packages to local families.
You have to have a pretty reliable address.

And if you have one of those humongous boxes to be delivered, find one of those companies in NY or NJ that deliver house to house....they'll do it the cheapest.

HB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Do you mean 'el Seybo'? If so, where are you?. I'm sure someone can help you with the right info. Good luck!!

Zeus.

I'm stuck in NYC and can't get to the island and this package has to get there.
Would i be able to send it to Santo Domingo and the person can go to the DHL office and pick it up from there?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
We lost our best guy in El Seibo a couple of months back. However, there is an International Express Mail which can deliver reasonable packages to local families.
You have to have a pretty reliable address.

And if you have one of those humongous boxes to be delivered, find one of those companies in NY or NJ that deliver house to house....they'll do it the cheapest.

HB

The box is small, I doubt it weighs over 5 pounds.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Check with the International Express Mail at your local post office. Otherwise you will have to DHL it...$$$$

HB

vegasdiva

Dec 2, 2006
Check with the International Express Mail at your local post office. Otherwise you will have to DHL it...$$$$

HB

Does regular USP mail actually get delivered in the DR? I heard it doesn't sometimes. This would be my preference if someone can tell me it would actually get there.

I also have a small package to send, but FedEx wants over $150US, and they'll only get it to Santo Domingo. It's going to Higuey. If my friends can wait (of course they don't want to!), I have another flight in Sept and can hand deliver it for $200US (yeah, I found a steal on flight cost this time)