Restaurants - Playa Dorada

Status
Not open for further replies.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I've posted this before but want to write about it again. We just had lunch with 4 visitors! We met at the Playa Dorada Golf Course Restaurant - "Fairways" . While I have had both breakfasts and dinners here I had never gone in for lunch.

All I have to say is wow - the food was excellent! I had a chicken wrap that was too big to actually eat like a wrap. My friend had a Cuban sandwhich and he could not finish it.

There was 6 of us in total, 2 wraps, 2 sandwiches, 2 seafood lunches, soft drinks, a presidente and cuba libre, 4 ice creams and the entire bill was about $2,100 RD tax included! I was really impressed!

For anyone in Playa Dorada I do recommend this restaurant for a change of pace!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We certainly did!!!! To let people know - the food was less then adequate! And then when something was said - nothing was done.

I have gone to the president of the company and made my concerns known! Next time - lunch is on them honey!!!! We will give them the chance to make good!

Meanwhile - it was really nice to get caught up with you! Thanks for the gifts too!!! You are awesome.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Me and my travel buddy loved the food at hemingways!
We ate there 3x and all 3 were great! As was the service!

There is also a sushi/fish restaurant (that they own) that is also delicious.
I cant remember the name off hand but will enquire. Very yummy too!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A very good restaurant is right outside of Playa Dorado. Cariatides in the Plaza el Doral. The food and service are excellent. When you go in to the restaurant go the the left and you will find a very coxy private air condtioned dining room.

The menu is varied. The fish is what I like there, but anything on the menu is good.

Coming from Playa Dorado make a right and about 1km on the left is the Plaza.

Cariatides Plaza el Doral 809-320-1410.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
My experience says that the meal at Playa Dorada Golf Course Restaurant was a one off bad experience!

Malibook - next time you are here lunch is on them! Charlielyn we will go there in November - no worries!

Yes I also like Cariatides! It is very good - a bit pricey - fabulous service and great food.

Have you tried Armando's on Calle Beller? Also excellent food, fabulous service and the prices are better.

Can2Dom - Hemingways is overpriced for the quality. I find it typical pub style food but overpriced! El Fresco (seafood and sushi ) is owned by the same people - again slightly overpriced but really good food there! Just my opinion.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Planner,

I agree with you on Hemingway's. Average food at high prices. You pay for the name in there.

Where on Calle Beller is Amando's?

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
El Fresco!!! I couldn't remember the name! Was awesome!
I didn't mind the price, I guess in comparison to the price of restos back home.

I will be checking out the ones you've posted!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Armandos - Calle Beller just near the end of the little street where Metro Bus Station is. I have no idea what the name is. There is a pharmacy and Armandos is right beside it.

I also love:

Jepols for pasta
Portofinos for pasta and pizza
Tam Tams for american breakfast
Irish Tavern for Shepherd Pie and Dominican food (great cook there)

My house for Cheeseburgers!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Planner,

Thanks. Are you familiar with El Manquito? Just outside of town toward Play Dorado on the North Side. Very good Domincan restaurant. Good fish and chicken there at reasonable prices.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Planner - What is the name of the Italian restaurant that W & M like to go to? I ate at their other location. I haven't been to the new location yet.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
That is Quo Vadis - very good italian food!!! We thoroughly enjoy it as well. Prices are good too. Thanks for the reminder, I should have included it.

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Hey Planner! If you're looking for a free lunch next week, let me know. We missed meeting up with you last time we were in the POP area, but the wife and would love to meet up with you eventually. We'll be in the area from the 20th to the 27th (in the Playa Dorada complex... The wife is still an AI girl... lol)

You still have the same phone number as the last time we chatted? I'd love to give you a ring and hopefully meet up. Lunch would certainly be my treat, at any location of your choosing.

BTW... do you ever have any time to work? You seem to spend all your time meeing with tourists... haha.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HOney I am free for lunch whenever you want!!! Would love to meet with you and your wife again!!!! Yes the number is the same but I will PM it to you anyway.

As for all the time I spend with tourists - a girl has to meet new people you know... and I always can make time for that....

Status
Not open for further replies.