Best Sandwhich in Santiago

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I had just had the best sandwhich I had eaten in Santiago in El Supermedo Nacional. It is hands down 5 times better than what you can get at La Campagna.

I had the Cuban but I cheated because I added lettuce and tomato. Of course a sandwhich is never eaten with catsup and the fellow did a good job of not adding any. If you think this is odd, given my experience here in Santiago is that I can be standing at theirside and tell them not to add catsup and the dopes will do it anyway. When I repeat no catsup they never have an excuse - hell it's automatic for them, EVERY sandwhich is made with catsup, co?o!

Also, the beer was cold too.

Buen provecho

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Would Chip00 have kept the KETCH00?

Why did you start posting under a new name as opposed to just dropping the 00?

tambo'

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Best sandwich maker......

Most likely the maker of the sandwich was Christian. He makes my sandwich to my specifications. I don?t even wait in line, as I see him I just raise my hand and indicate the number of "Ham and Cheese" sandwiches I want and then walk straight to the cashier, pay for it, and then go wash my hands.

The "Ham and Cheese" sandwich is only 85 pesos and it includes a large batch of French fries. The amount of ham on the sandwich is at least twice what they give you at "Pola", and Pola only gives you a few measly potato chips to go with the sandwich.

Plus no small packets of ketchup for me, Christian gives me the entire squeeze bottle so I have have lots of ketchup for my French fries (Which he makes the way I like, not overly cooked).

Of course I return the ketchup bottle to him after eating.

Don SantiagoDR

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Do they make a good pressed Cuban? I'm still trying to get passed the lettuce and tomato on a sandwich and calling it a Cuban.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Do they make a good pressed Cuban? I'm still trying to get passed the lettuce and tomato on a sandwich and calling it a Cuban.

They will put anything on the sandwhich you desire. The toppings they have for the Cuban are pickles, Gouda cheese and mustard. Just make sure you are standing there when they are making as it is a reflex to put catsup on anything that moves, haha!

The Cuban at El Nacional is superior to that of La Campagna. I won't be eating anymore sandwhiches over there, that's for sure.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Do they make chicklen or beef sandwih as well? Me no like ham.
AZB

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
2 weeks ago Karina and I decide to visit the bar at Centro Leon and notice people where eating nice looking sandwich. well I had one of the best Cuban around and Karina had a chicken breast sandwich. They both came with fried yuca chips. Price was okay and the beeeeeeeeeeeeer sabes a colmado price.
Nice place and on Friday they have a outdoor screening of some type of concert..... beautifull place.
I will try the cuban at el nacional.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
The best Dominican Sandwich you will find it in la Capital in LA BARRA PAYAN in la 30 de Marzo in San Carlos....

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
The best Dominican Sandwich you will find it in la Capital in LA BARRA PAYAN in la 30 de Marzo in San Carlos....

compadre eso esta muy lejos de micasa en Cerro Don Antonio, Santiago........anything you suggest in Santiago...
gracias
Albin

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The best sandwich I've found is a place called (I think) Fernando's, at the NW corner of Sanaba Larga and Pedro Fco. Bona. I've eaten there several times and always enjoyed their offerings. Very reasonable, too.