Pedernales City and Province Photo Set

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
It's amazing that you guys come from PR and do this trip to the Southwest that most Dominicans have never done or care to do. My father was from PR also (Aguadilla) but lived here until he died and loved to travel around the country, he taught me the pleasure of getting to know your own country and enjoy the pleasures of the simple life. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us and for loving our country the way you do, more than some Dominicans I'm afraid.

Viva Borinquen!!!

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Que Viva!!!

You know Marilyn I wholeheartedly believe that all Latin American countries are an integral part of my culture. Quisqueya to me is super special and no matter what, in a surreal sense, I am a part of it. Our culture, language and customs are so much alike. The feelings and traditions of the people are so closely bound.

Next year we have added to new destinations to our itinerary. We have 2 trips to Dominicana one in February and one in July, also we will be going to Colombia and Venezuela in search for that tie that so uniquely binds our people.

Many new things on the blotter for sure.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Hey motorcycler,
are you Puerto-Rican? When I was in Sosua a moto was telling me about a bunch of guys who bring their bikes over from Puerto Rico and go all over the island.
If you ever swung by the North Coast maybe it was you and your buddies that he was talking about!!
By the way, thanks very much for the photos, they are great!!!!

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
My father in law lives between Las Patos and Perdinales. I was staring hard to see if I saw him, but I didn't see him. He works a fishing boat and has about 20 kids scattered all over town. My plan is to retire in that area. Matter of fact, my brother in law just opened a motorcycle repair business in Las Patos.

It is more relaxing than dodging motos and dealing with the fast life in Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo stresses me like New York does sometimes. That region is like heaven on Earth. I hope it stays a secret from the tourist industry while I am building up my retirement funds here in the US. I doubt it though. The Italians are already pumping money in, buying homes and opening little businesses here and there. By the time I am ready to retire, it will become another Boca Chica.

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
Hey motorcycler,
are you Puerto-Rican? When I was in Sosua a moto was telling me about a bunch of guys who bring their bikes over from Puerto Rico and go all over the island.
If you ever swung by the North Coast maybe it was you and your buddies that he was talking about!!
By the way, thanks very much for the photos, they are great!!!!

Yes I am... We have been up to the Sosua area but so has many of the bike groups that visit Dominicana from Borinquen. My group is definitely a back roads crowd and last year was the last time we were in Sosua trying our the Moca-Jamao route which is great on the bikes.

I am glad you enjoyed the photos, it is such a great place to visit.

BTW stay tuned for probably at the end of December we will have some Haiti pictures available as we are travelling with a large contingent of Dominican Bikers to meet up with the Haitian Harley Riders in Puerto Principe.

It is a big deal and the three countries are uniting in one ride on Hatian soil. The pictures and the ride will be a real memory....

Motorcycler

Jan 20, 2007
www.motorcycler.com
My father in law lives between Las Patos and Perdinales. I was staring hard to see if I saw him, but I didn't see him. He works a fishing boat and has about 20 kids scattered all over town. My plan is to retire in that area. Matter of fact, my brother in law just opened a motorcycle repair business in Las Patos.

It is more relaxing than dodging motos and dealing with the fast life in Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo stresses me like New York does sometimes. That region is like heaven on Earth. I hope it stays a secret from the tourist industry while I am building up my retirement funds here in the US. I doubt it though. The Italians are already pumping money in, buying homes and opening little businesses here and there. By the time I am ready to retire, it will become another Boca Chica.

At a certain age one begins to see the wisdom of a slower paced life as a real asset. Why so much work? How many toys are enough? What are the real pleasures of life? Well enough babbling from me.

Hope your dreams come true and maybe one day we'll drink a Presidente in Los Patos...on me.