Travelling to D.R with a baby

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
I'm just wondering if anyone knows what paperwork is needed to travel with a newborn from Canada to D.R.?? I'm from Ontario, and I know that here it takes 4 months to register the birth and receive the paperwork and birth certificate. Is there a way to travel to D.R. with my baby before i have her birth certificate? Or is there a way to have it sped up?? Has anyone gone through this before? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
I would check that out, four months seems a along time to wait for a birth certificate. In the US you can get one within days. I would think that your baby's birth certificate would be available in that kind of time frame as well..days not months.

Best of luck, and congratulations !

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
I went to City Hall today and got my answers. thanks to those who responded. I sent the papers for the registry of the birth, but it does take 4 months to be processed. The birth certificate cannot be issued until the birth is registered. So it does take 4 months for the paperwork. So, in order for me to leave the country I need a letter of travel, which can be obtained from City hall. I can get the letter of travel no problem. I just need to show proof of travel (ie. tickets) and they can issue the letter. It only takes 2 days and is $25.00. I just thought i'd post this in case someone else ends up in this situation also.
thanks 2 all.