satellite receivers

Feb 7, 2007
Just get yourself an EPS account, set up a regular DISH account with DISH, get it shipped to your Miami address, pay 40-50 dollar monthly fee and get it installed here. Pay via credit card on their website and you are all legal and never have to worry about programming interruption, for as long as you pay your monthly bill.

Feb 7, 2007
Yeah, you 25000+ pesos and after two or three months it stops working because they change coding and nobody can crack it.

So I gove you the option: pay 25.000 pesos , which is 780 dollars, run a risk that the code would change, that the owners of the staellite business would disappear, etc... just ask MikeFisher.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/547175-post11.html

Or go DISH direct, get free dish, and pay 50 dollars per month for a year, it's 600 dollars.
Plus some shipping maybe 30 dollars.

For the piece of mind, I would go with the second option.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Yeah, you 25000+ pesos and after two or three months it stops working because they change coding and nobody can crack it.

So I gove you the option: pay 25.000 pesos , which is 780 dollars, run a risk that the code would change, that the owners of the staellite business would disappear, etc... just ask MikeFisher.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/547175-post11.html

Or go DISH direct, get free dish, and pay 50 dollars per month for a year, it's 600 dollars.
Plus some shipping maybe 30 dollars.

For the piece of mind, I would go with the second option.

You will never loose all the money, even if they change the codes that nobody can crack them doesn't mean that your actual dish equipment and installation is lost .... you just get another receiver, move your dish and there you go !

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
I'm not sure where you're getting the 25k price tag.

A Viewsat extreme box is less than 150 bucks, a local 6ft dish is 7K. You download the program for the box for free. That's a lot less than 25K.

A 6-foot dish for RD$ 7000 sounds like a good deal. Might I ask where I would be able to buy one at that price?

I already have a six-footer, watching Dishnet 110 W whenever in the DR - still might wanna get me a second one for 119 W. I guess installing a secondary lnb on my existing dish just wouldn't cut it, especially when it's raining.

Paulino

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I haven?t found any channels on 119 that broadcast the World Cup Rugby Union although about 25 broadcast the same college football and beach volley ball matches !!!

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Yes I would like to know where to get the 7,000 Pesos 6ft dishes too ..... If they are from Santiago and grey then maybe ... no clue... but I do know that they are bad quality.

So if you add up the dish, LNB, Receiver, Cable, etc. then you might be less than 25k IF YOU INSTALL IT YOURSELF .....

Regards,

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Hm intersting, selling them cheaper than the people you make them .... thanks anyway, will check if they are the same quakity, guess you are talking about Sirus dishes or something which a shop in SDQ sells as a complete package for about 10k including clone receiver ....

I had a few of their clients fixing the installation ....

Thanks again for the tip.