Opinions needed of Casa Linda

nemick42

Aug 14, 2007
Hello,

I am a newbie here, so be gentle with me. I have been lurking here and generally browsing for property in the DR. I am interested in purchasing a vacation villa for occasional use by myself and my extended family. At other times, I hope to be able to rent out the property, as long as it is a relatively easy process.

I have seen several villas for sale in Casa Linda, which appears to offer some fairly good benefits of ownership and management. I was wondering if any current posters have direct experience with Casa Linda, and If so, what you think of it. I would love to hear negatives as well as positives.
Thanks in advance.

Neil

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Well I can give you one "Good" negative, many hardcore partygoers rent out villas in Casa Linda and they bus-in many women of the night, if you know what I mean. How's that affecting the noise level, I can't tell you personally, hopefully another member will chime in. A 2-bedroom villa with a pool for only $100 is a big draw especially amongst the Sosua "mongers".

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
Casa Linda

There seems to be less of the noisy hardcore partygoers at CL as more and more of the full time owners complain about the noise, putas hanging around the gate and the putas walking around CL alone.
For the most part CL is very nice, quiet and well maintained.
As more of the absentee home owners become aware of what their property is being used for and the type of people/problems it attracts the problem will go away. It is up to the owners.
There is no question that for $85 - 100USD/nite it is one heck of a good deal, not for the owner but for whoever sets up these parties.
Please feel free to PM me for more thoughts/info.
Ken

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We rented there long term (one year) and only rarely had a problem with party goers. It seems to be getting better and quieter all the time. We have had many clients recently expressing an interest in purchasing there. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Bob K

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Take a look at Residencial Hispaniola, same house plans but much better price. In only 18 months they have sold over 70 homes and from what I hear sales are still strong. I would think this community will have better resale and rental potential as it is situated within walking distance of Sosua beach. The developer of the project has a great reputation and seems to be well respected in the community. I can't believe the prices of Casa Linda these days. Property Centre is now marketing the project exclusively and have increased the prices to a ridiculous level. I see on their website, homes in Casa Linda start at 195,000 US, whereas the same home in Residencial Hispaniola starts at 129,000. I know where my money would be invested and it sure wouldn't be Casa Linda.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
remember that cheaper is not always better. i've rented at Casa Linda and found it to be quite nice. i did not have a car so motoconchos into sosua was an adventure but my girlie didn't seem to mind.

BlueLodge

Dec 28, 2005
Property Centre is now marketing the project exclusively and have increased the prices to a ridiculous level. I see on their website, homes in Casa Linda start at 195,000 US, whereas the same home in Residencial Hispaniola starts at 129,000. I know where my money would be invested and it sure wouldn't be Casa Linda.

I wouldn't buy anything through Property Center because of their reputation.

lewpo

Jul 29, 2007
I wouldn't buy anything through Property Center because of their reputation.

I have stayed at Casa Linda 4 times ,and have looked into purchasing at the development Their are several units for sale but you can build a brand new furnished unit at Residential Hispaniola for less than the asking price at casa linda . I dont know any thing about "property center" but I rent at casa linda through Hispaniola realestate who if Im not mistaken are the sponsors of RH. allso I have heard that the generator at RC is having problems . Ill tell you what my expat buddy told me "take your time in all things Dominican" Dominican Republic Real Estate - Hispaniola Real Estate

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I would do more than lurk if your going to buy real estate in the DR. In fact you should start by physically spending a week in each developement and meet some of the long term renters and owners. Im sure you will hear both the good and the bad if you take the time to research if. Also being first hand on the ground staying there you can see a lot also.

Be sure to a reputable lawyer and read EVERYTHING!

As for Casa Linda from my experiences it was a really nice place where you can "party" as long as you dont disrupt your neigbors which is reasonable.

As a renter who is renting a "vacation property" you have to expect people coming to be partying and having a good time. If you want to exclude those types of renters expect to dip into your pocket more often to cover the monthly maintenance payments.

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
Rental Test

I know that CL's ad says that they will assist you in renting out your property. This is easy to test. For your next visit, fill out the rental request form on their web page. Maybe you'll have a different experience now than I did a couple of years ago.

agossi

Aug 15, 2007
before investing in Casa Linda I had many talks to residents and owners in this project, some of them owners for many years.
All in all the reaction was very good, very helpful administration and what convinced me most was the fact that 3 of the owners I contacted had bought a second home there. It's certainly not perfect
but doing very well after 10 years or so of existence. When I first came as a renter it was pretty small but it's huge by now and the rental incomes shown to me by some owners were impressive.
I went to hispaniola as well and must say it is a nice looking project. After talking to the
3 leading lawyers in Sosua I decided not to buy there.

agossi

Aug 15, 2007
wrong information

Take a look at Residencial Hispaniola, same house plans but much better price. In only 18 months they have sold over 70 homes and from what I hear sales are still strong. I would think this community will have better resale and rental potential as it is situated within walking distance of Sosua beach. The developer of the project has a great reputation and seems to be well respected in the community. I can't believe the prices of Casa Linda these days. Property Centre is now marketing the project exclusively and have increased the prices to a ridiculous level. I see on their website, homes in Casa Linda start at 195,000 US, whereas the same home in Residencial Hispaniola starts at 129,000. I know where my money would be invested and it sure wouldn't be Casa Linda.

I did compare prices in casa linda and Hispaniola very well before investing :
The villa I bought didn't cost a penny more than what hispaniola asked for a similar design: but my house came complete and not with dozens of add- on or options at extra cost.
I hope you are as happy with your investment at hispaniola as I am at Casa linda. Right?

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
I did compare prices in casa linda and Hispaniola very well before investing :
The villa I bought didn't cost a penny more than what hispaniola asked for a similar design: but my house came complete and not with dozens of add- on or options at extra cost.
I hope you are as happy with your investment at hispaniola as I am at Casa linda. Right?

Look at Property Centers website and you will see what I'm talking about. Casa Linda doesn't even list the prices on their website anymore. When we built a house in Casa Linda 3 years ago it cost us 112,000US for a 160 sq mtr modified Colibri, today going by Property Centers website prices start at 195,000. Casa Linda has always been more expensive than Hispaniola and that is a fact. I guess Paul is doing what every business man would do, taking advantage of a hot market. It will be interesting to see if his new venture with Property Center will last and if they can get people to over pay by so much.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I have owned in CL for 2 years. On the positive, I think it's a very nice project, fairly quiet (I did not experience the partys but heard about them afterwards, BTW It was a vacation home for me), very nice vegetation, well kept, fairly secure, nice design, very easy to rent out to good renters (rent on your own, don't use CL). On the negative, management, outrageous monthly costs and nowhere near a beach/grocery/etc..
For the same money, I would buy into Hispaniola more than CL for its location, much better management/reputation, better capital appreciation, higher-end project with some homes valued at $400K, all brand new.
Both are very nice project and comparable as far as design goes but Hispaniola will no doubt beat easily CL.
Good luck in your search but you are doing the right thing.