Info on restaurant and museums please

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Looking for any info on El Cantabrico seafood restaurant on Independencia en Ciudad Nueva. Prices, food quality, atmosphere, neighborhood etc. Also if you know cab fare from the CZ it would be helpful.

Same info on La Ataranza Restaurant and the little place at Fuerte San Gil would be appreciated. Is there still a "street" party Saturday nights in La Plaza de Hispana?

Also, trying to find out open hours of La Casa de Reales and the Museo Altaranzas

I make port around the 20th of Aug....thanks in advance for your help.

"Hurricanes are natural cleansing of the ecosystem, the buildings, streets, reefs and sea are rinsed, pressure cleaned and rinsed some more...everything will be fine"

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Taxis are about RD$120 to those places from the CZ. All places service alcoholic beverages close at 12 Sunday-Thursday, at 2:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday.

Museums are open in the daytime.

HB

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Same info on La Ataranza Restaurant and the little place at Fuerte San Gil would be appreciated. Is there still a "street" party Saturday nights in La Plaza de Hispana?

Also, trying to find out open hours of La Casa de Reales and the Museo Altaranzas

Casa Reales hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Museo Atarazanas hours: Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed Wednesdays. I think this is still accurate...

I have pictures of the view from my table and the menu and La Atarazana Restaurant interior posted at http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2921008680064234328zFFeiI

Kaki

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
I don't know what Ciudad Nueva is, but if you mean the Cantabrica restaurant on Independ?ncia in Gasque section of S.D. just down from Parque Independ?ncia, I haven't been there in years because it's reputation far exceeded it's reality. Poor food, poor and arrogant service, and much too high prices.

Let me know if you have a better experience. I never give a restaurant a second chance.