Electricity in Costambar? Anyone from there?

jamiron

Nov 3, 2006
I haven't been in Costambar in a few months but i heard they are going to have power 24hr's in the next few months. And they are changing all the meters and putting wiring overhead. There are so many rumors going on i was hoping this one is true.

Ps. What about to the main road into Costambar any change? lol

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
It sounds like you haven't been in Costambar for more than 'a few months'. The meters were changed over a year ago, as I recall. Overhead wires were installed in my area last winter. As to 24/7 electricity, I have not heard anything. The road in from the highway is still bad, but there are promises to have it repaired.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
They are just finishing up..........

...........the overhead wiring to meters in Costambar...... and they are still there on a daily basis, checking to make sure that the "newly" wired meters are not "rewired" by the owners and/or their electricians.

As they have added more to the overhead system, they have been reducing the hours of the blackouts...........

We are presently down to just 3 hours per day without power (from around the last week in July).........down from two - 3 hour (6 hour total) blackouts in May, June and the 1st 3 weeks of July........

They are saying that shortly we should have 24 hour power...........but it will not be until they straighten out all the lines in Cafemba............which they are doing now..........

The times of the daily blackouts are posted online at EDENORTE DOMINICANA S.A. and they are usually posted for 1 week in advance..

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
FYI jamiron, Although some people stumbled across it here and were able to help you out, you started this thread in the North East Coast forum, which is for the Samana Peninsula. Maybe a moderator will move it to the North Coast section where it belongs.