Costambar Entry Road: Residents, you have a spokesperson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Dr. Rafael G. Belliard has posted a letter in Puerto Plata Digital entitled Costambar: Puerto Plata's Orphan
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/noticias/nacionales/agosto2007/cartaappd.htm

It is all about the deplorable state of the entry road into Costambar. He points out that municipal authority lack of interest is because the majority of Costambar dwellers, being foreigners, do not vote. He points out that these foreigners do however spend money shopping in the town, provide employment & pay taxes. He calls on the politicians to stop politicking and making false promises & to get on with tackling this shameful problem.

The PP Digital letter allows for responses. Those who live in Costambar might want to support Dr. Belliard for speaking out. The more responses the easier it will be for PP Digital to forward the link to the Ayuntamiento etc showing that this issue matters. Even if you don't speak Spanish, email a response in English. The Sub-Directora of PP Digital is a fluent English speaker.

Go for it! :) This could make a difference.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Thanks for the link. Where are all the people who live in Costambar? Those that visit regular? It's not often someone pays attention to your problems.:surprised

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Plus I think Dr. Belliard is one of the assistant fiscals ( so not exactly a 'nobody' but not to be confused with Domingo Belliard (previous head fiscal)). I hope Costambar residents did pick up on this because that entry road surely needs attention - don't think there is anyone who would dispute that!

bocadulce

Aug 21, 2007
I recently stayed at Manana Hoy in Costambar, and found the entry road to be deplorable. During dinner with a few European ex-pats who live in Costambar, I asked them about the entry road. I was surprised to learn that they did not want to have that road paved because it would invite more people. It seemed to me that they view the road as a deterrent to tourism.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Now that is really interesting. All the expats who live there to whom I've spoken complain about the road - understandably in my view. I therefore assumed that they would welcome something done about it. Never occurred to me that they wanted the status quo, but, you're right, bocadulce, I never asked that specific question so maybe I ought to?

gibbs

May 31, 2005
I recently stayed at Manana Hoy in Costambar, and found the entry road to be deplorable. During dinner with a few European ex-pats who live in Costambar, I asked them about the entry road. I was surprised to learn that they did not want to have that road paved because it would invite more people. It seemed to me that they view the road as a deterrent to tourism.

Does this stop the 10+ buses coming from Santiago on the weekends or just the tourists who would support the local economy?:ermm:

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Not True

Anything you want to know about Costambar can probably found in the Costambar Monthly.[/url].

That is, sadly, incorrect. Costambar Monthly is a satirical publication. It does not claim to be, nor could it be perceived to be, a source of news about Costambar.

bocadulce

Aug 21, 2007
Does this stop the 10+ buses coming from Santiago on the weekends or just the tourists who would support the local economy?:ermm:

Unfortunately both. I am considering a property in Costambar and, therefore, took the time to meet property owners. They are not too thrilled with the Sunday beach crowd but, because it's a Dominican custom to go to the beach on Sundays, can't do anything about it. The relationship between the ex-pat and Dominicans in Costambar appears to be strained, for the obvious reasons. Also, tourists equate trouble in their minds.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Lately there haven't been many locals at Costambar Beach on Sundays, at least not as it used to be, and starting end of October, there aren't any until next Easter Week.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi guys. U must try the new restaurant Playa Catamaran. Formerly known as Solo Chivo, it is great. Excellet food and service, off beat, relaxed and a wonderful beach.
Gee.....
Let me guess....
Do you own said restaurant?
If so, please contact Robert for advertising rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.