Gringa/sankie, even in santiago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This morning I was driving to work and just couldn't believe my eyes. There was this young gringa (around 25 or 26 yrs old), very cute with long hair and nice body. At first I thought it was a santiagera (santiago girl) but upon second thought, it couldn't have been. The difference was, this girl was accompanied by a tigre. The sweet decent looking girl was hand in hand with a "pelao", some guy who looked more like a car window washer on the intersection than your normal average santiaguero. A decent Santiaguera, reasonably good looking will not be caught dead with a deadbeat who doesn't even own a car, walking in hot sun. so i looked closer at the girl and I became convinced she was a north american woman because she spoke english as they crossed the street right in front of my car. Out of all the thousands of santiagueros with nice jobs and decent cars etc, she had to pick one who probably has no job and car-less. She was quite content walking with her man hand in hand.
SO now this sort of trash has reached santiago as well, as if we had a shortage of loser men in the north coast that gringas have to come looking for them here in santiago barrios.
So what is it with north american women, looking for guys in the bottom of the barrel in any 3rd world country? I just don't get it. I almost pulled hair off my head, the last 3 strands, trying to figure this out. Why does it have to be a guy with no money, no education, no car no nothing, a total loser who lives off his gringa girlfriend? WHY??????????????????????
Please tell me why before I jump out the window and end it all for once and for all.
AZB

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
So what is it with north american women, looking for guys in the bottom of the barrel in any 3rd world country?
Cheap and available testosterone with a chopo ... 1 week isn't enuf to find a good guy. :bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
But But, she was cute, she could have had any and driven in a jepeta instead of walking in the sun. They always sell out cheap here.
AZB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
But But, she was cute, she could have had any and driven in a jepeta instead of walking in the sun. They always sell out cheap here.
AZB

Perhaps she met him in her Playa Dorado resort from the Animation Team and he was "showing her around" his home town? AZB do I sense a little jealousy here......maybe you should get a part time job as an Animation Dancer in Gran Ventana, I would do it, make a few extra pesos and have relations only with the higher end females.

tambo' the sankie

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Remember their sole objective is the 'horizontal salsa' ... she came (1st chopo did "IT"), she saw (the 1st chopo), and got "IT" then returned to her b!tchy ways in NA or Europe ... mission accomplished. :bunny:

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

You two are really crazy!!!! I like to read your post but I think you guys are crazy (not in a bad way but funny). How could you get all of this info about two people passing your car? I don't understand but it is very funny to read. I visited Santiago and several other places before and the DR is a very nice place to visit. I am an American and I have to say that the people of the DR are really great. I have spent time with all kinds, not just the one's that you seem to hate. I spend time with college students, lawyers, doctors, the type that you seem to like best and I have spent time in the AI's making friends as well. Don't pull your hair out and I will tell you why we like to visit. I find each and every person interesting to say the least. I think Domincans have a very friendly and warm way of relaxing a person, you know making you feel at home. They share their homes, food, drinks, everything with you and they make you feel welcomed. Not saying that I don't get the same thing here in the U.S. with my Dominican, and other friends but on the island it is a little different. There is the language, you know we love men with an accent, the natural tan, the hair is different, you know opposites attract. I am not saying that we are looking for men at the bottom of the barrel but we don't know what to expect first of all when we make that first trip over and it is a 3rd world country so we don't expect to find rich men on every corner. (con't)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
AZB first do not assume they are from Santiago. Many make a road trip from the coast as tourists or as new arrivals to do their shopping in the big city!!!

Remember that there is no rule for gringa / chopo or gringo/ hooker.......... they come in all sizes, ages, colours, shapes, economic backgrounds, educational backgrounds etc etc etc. It seems to me the ONLY commonality for the Gringas is a vulnerability and or neediness!!!! Maybe for the gringos it is availability... not sure on that one....

Don't think of it as invading you honey, think of them as visiting.....LOL

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB

Well like you've written a few hundred times it's because the middle to upper class wouldn't be caught dead with a tourist or was that Miguel who says that. :ermm:

It's the power thing too. If the well educated don't fall over themselves over a tourist and the other kind do I guess that would be overwhelming for anyone. Being look at like a goddess if only temporary is very intoxicating and in turn having the power to show this poor helpless soul :rolleyes: the benefits of what the first world is about has to be very hypnotizing and drives many to do some really uncharacteristic things till the bubble bursts.;)

Oh and BTW I don't want to see any pictures of tourist and tigres or anything like that in this thread.

Thanks

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

(con't)
Not every American women is attracted to Tom Cruise, or only out for a man with a ton of money. It would be nice but not a real goal. I have met some really nice guys in the DR. They like to have fun, not just in the bed, but conversations can be really interesting when they talk about what it was like growing up in their country. The guys that have money do pay when we go out, the ones that don't have a lot of money pay when we go out or at least half when they don't have the money. That is almost the same way here so that is not different. American men don't always offer to pay when we go out so I did not find that to be shocking. (Con't)..

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

They are very good dancers so going out is really fun, believe it or not some are really great cooks. Having dinner at their home is really nice, meeting their family and friends, sharing stories, and learning the language is fun. Well as you see it is not about the bedroom, so to speak, but about the culture. I have a really fun time in the DR and I can't wait to return.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I hear AZB and know what he is talking about as I have seen some of these sanky panky couples and they would look out of place anywhere else in the world, a young handsome dark fellow with a women twice his age and three times his weight, but also too, sometimes opposites do attract and maybe this chica didn't think some of the rich Domincan types she met were good looking, who knows?

If she is anything like me she may find persons of the opposite sex of her same "race" extremely unattractive as I do. Why am like this? Heck if I know, but the fact is many people are like this the world over are like this. If you think I am exagerating, if my wife ever left me I would still never, ever date another women from my "race", period. I just don't like white skin or caucasian features for a mate and more than likely this young gringa has the same tastes. Bravo for her.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
(con't)
Not every American women is attracted to Tom Cruise, or only out for a man with a ton of money. It would be nice but not a real goal. I have met some really nice guys in the DR. They like to have fun, not just in the bed, but conversations can be really interesting when they talk about what it was like growing up in their country. The guys that have money do pay when we go out, the ones that don't have a lot of money pay when we go out or at least half when they don't have the money. That is almost the same way here so that is not different. American men don't always offer to pay when we go out so I did not find that to be shocking. (Con't)..

I have a question for you and it's not meant to offend you or anyone else reading but what do you think of immigrants in your own country? Why are they not as appealing as the ones that need to get off an Island?

We have so many immigrants already in your country as well as Canada that would love to hook up with people that aren't interested in looking for someone that looks like Brad Pitt and has a ton of money.

So what is it then? Do they lose they luster once they land in snow or what?

I remember a new immigrant saying that where he came from the tourist looked at him like a Greek god and here in Canada he became a mere "immigrant" with nothing to offer.

Just curious what people think.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

Well Anna,
To answer your question. My Dominican friends are here from the island, they moved here 3 years ago, so that is how I met some really good people and they take me home with them to meet family and friends. My boyfriend is Mexican so I don't have a problem with immigrants and I do still find them attractive. I love men, and I don't care about their race.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well Anna,
To answer your question. My Dominican friends are here from the island, they moved here 3 years ago, so that is how I met some really good people and they take me home with them to meet family and friends. My boyfriend is Mexican so I don't have a problem with immigrants and I do still find them attractive. I love men, and I don't care about their race.

Ok hold on one second so the people you are talking about are in the US already then?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Sankies are the only ones who would talk to them. Middle and Upper Class dominicans won't talk or socialize with a foreigner, unless that foreigner was introduced by a Dominican within their circle. Those Dominicans will not approach you for anything, not even for the time of day and if you try approaching them, they will look you "up and down" and wonder what you want. If you are able to conversate with them, the FIRST question will be "OK Julie/John, what do you do?" and you better reply with something professional or you'll be labeled and rejected. You have to be accepted within their circle and once you are in their circle, gringas/gringos could be introduced to some nice working professional Dominicans. Or maybe you gringas don't want that type, to each his own.

It's very very rare for a gringa/gringo to socialize with anything other than Sankies and Barrio types.

Status
Not open for further replies.