"safe To Come To Punta Cana!!??"

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Hi Anyone!!!
My Girlfriend And I Have A Holiday Booked For The First 2 Weeks Of
September To The Ocean Bavaro Hotel.
Could Anyone Please Advise What Effects Hurricane Dean Has Left And Whether It Would Pay To Cancel For Another Time?
Weve Been Looking Forward To This Holiday For Such A Long Time
Were Totally Gutted!!
Thanks All
Smiffy
England

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi Anyone!!!
My Girlfriend And I Have A Holiday Booked For The First 2 Weeks Of
September To The Ocean Bavaro Hotel.
Could Anyone Please Advise What Effects Hurricane Dean Has Left And Whether It Would Pay To Cancel For Another Time?
Weve Been Looking Forward To This Holiday For Such A Long Time
Were Totally Gutted!!
Thanks All
Smiffy
England

The entire DR was very lucky with regard to Dean.... he didn't even scratch the surface and, today, we just have a slightly overcast sky and a cooler breeze than sometimes but all windows and doors open, still in shorts and T-shirts. We moved here from Devon, England to the North coast in June of last year and, as yet, have not visited the Punta Cana are but am sure you will have a great time in lovely Caribbean sunshine. Enjoy.... and don't be gutted at all.

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Hi and many thanks for your reply.
Certainly eased our minds!
All we need now is for that sky to break and plenty of sunshine hey!!
Please keep us posted of any developments.
cheers
smiffy.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We also had some rain from the tail but as you rightly say planner tomorrow it will be business as usual - hot hot hot and sunny.... bring it on!!!

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks all for keeping us informed!
We still have 2 weeks until we arrive so hopefully the weather will get even better!!
News is getting better by the day so please keep your comments coming!!
Smiffy

Lisa100

Aug 20, 2007
We're heading over on Thursday, should we expect sun?? All the weather reports say scattered thunder storms??

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Hi Lisa,
You sound as concerned as we are though we have just seen a better forcast for when we go on 3rd sept. Reports now seem to be saying storms but looking more promising a week or so ahead with highs of 32 fingers crossed!! Where abouts are you staying? We got reports for punta cana.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi Lisa,
You sound as concerned as we are though we have just seen a better forcast for when we go on 3rd sept. Reports now seem to be saying storms but looking more promising a week or so ahead with highs of 32 fingers crossed!! Where abouts are you staying? We got reports for punta cana.

The normal online weather reports (Yahoo and BBC etc.) often say "scattered thunderstorms" etc. but, to be honest, they are random so you could be here for a month and not have one, or you could have several in a few days - luck of the draw but guaranteed to be very warm and sunny anyway so relax and enjoy your holiday.

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Whirley bird you're a breath of fresh air!!!
Thank you for keeping us up to date its much appreciated.
Many thanks.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
Smiffy,

I have been to Punta Cana three times, this year and I am going again in November. Punta Cana is weird, to say the least. What happen's is that a storm will hit in the near by area. You will get the rain in Punta Cana, but it normally goes around that area. If the hurricane hits Puerto Rico it will be in direct line for Punta Cana. But normally like I said it goes around the area. If you were going to Higuey. I would say sorry about that. But, Punta Cana no problem. Enjoy your holiday. If you come back in November look me up!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
calm down guys,
the reports promised those thunderstorms for today too.
we had calm seas, winds around 5knots, sunny skies, just caribbean paradise.
don't worry about the weather and enjoy your stay
Mike

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Im as scare as u girls..... I have reservations in cabarete for one week and a weekend in punta cana during the first 2 weeks of september...... and that of the rain and possible hurricanes is deff not fun! ....

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Im as scare as u girls..... I have reservations in cabarete for one week and a weekend in punta cana during the first 2 weeks of september...... and that of the rain and possible hurricanes is deff not fun! ....

The hurricane Dean came and went without damage in DR so we were very lucky. It rains sometimes everywhere but it won't spoil your fun or your holiday as mostly the sun shines and it is very warm in paradise. Just come and enjoy yourself.

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Hi and thanks for any updates. We have one week and four days till we head for punta cana and wev'e started to give up worrying because we are coming anyway! Lets just hope we have lots of graet weather so we actually look like wev'e been to the caribbean! Be good if anyone could keep us updated on the weather in the meantime tho. Thanks to everyone.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
for the next 8 days there may be a possibility of some rain for tomorow, friday, no mentionable winds with that, nothing of a damage for a vacation.
the rest we will have light winds with a max of 11mls/phrs, i said max!!!, so nothing but sunny skies, if we get rain it will be short rainfalls without winds, sea is calm and will stay calm.
i am not a weather station, just a fisherman.
saturday 25th til sunday 1st i will spend 5 full days on the ocean myself and i am sure we will have a great time out in the deep blue, using lots of sunblockers and drinking lots of ice cold presidentes to stay cooled down, lol.
hopefully i'll get many big fishes, too.
at this moment for the whole world, all Oceans, pacific, atlantic and indean ocean, no weather station is watching a storm formation, everything is quiet after Dean.
wish ya all lots of fun in the sun
Mike

smiffy

Aug 19, 2007
Hi Mike, we hope you catch big fish too!! Looking to do some fishing myself when we arrive, hoping theres some sort of excursion we can go on. Glad to hear the weather is looking good, we now hear nothing about Dean here in England which is a relief! Many thanks for the update, much appreciated.