Boca Chica Conditions

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
O.K. After reading all the forums for the past 2 years , I have decided to join all of you.
This is a first time evolution in joining a forum and in hopes of sharing information and meeting new folks.
I am an avid visitor to B.C for the last 9 years and was headed there Saturday , until Dean stopped our flight.
I hope everybody is safe and sound. I have shifted my trip to 9/1 and will be staying at the El Candil again.
I will close for now in hopes someone can tell me how B.C. made out after Dean . Thanks for Listening

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Boca Chica right now

After very strong waves last night most of the sand is gone from where it was before and appeared where was no sand before ( like bars and restaurants ). Pelican restaurant , Neptunos , Boca Marina are destroyed . The Neptunos boat ( replica St. Maria boat ) went to Boca Marina restaurant and was destroyed . A heavy rain and breeze from the sea ....

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks for the immediate reply to the new guy. We will be there 9/1 .
Have met some great friends in B.C who do not have internet . Hope they are all well as phone conversations are a little tough with the language barrier. Not so good with my Spanish.
Really too bad about Neptunos boat and the Pelican.
Waiting in New Hampshire for 9/1 to come .

soulstylesmile

Aug 19, 2007
Boca Chica

But as always ,everything will be recovered soon and in few weeks is paradise again !

Hi Steve G, i am at the Hamaca on Friday, 8/24. Should I be concerned about the property. Lastly, family and friends at the Hamaca now, they arrived Wednesday and leave Monday. Ive tried calling and can not get through to them via their cell phones. Was the hamaca damaged at all? Eitherway, thanks for all of the info. I so appreciate it. :bunny:

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Hi Steve G, i am at the Hamaca on Friday, 8/24. Should I be concerned about the property. Lastly, family and friends at the Hamaca now, they arrived Wednesday and leave Monday. Ive tried calling and can not get through to them via their cell phones. Was the hamaca damaged at all? Eitherway, thanks for all of the info. I so appreciate it. :bunny:

As the Hurricane Dean past by , along the coast 300 km , Hamaca Resort wasn't damaged as all the property, but the beach was damaged by the waves and restaurants and bars on the beach as well. As well on the Boca Chica public beach all the restaurants got waves inside , sand is gone.

soulstylesmile

Aug 19, 2007
Hamaca Coral

Thanks Steve. I will post some photos of the Hamaca when I return on Monday, 8/27. Hopefully everything will be better. :ermm:

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
Great Info. Steve.
My buddy and I hope things at the Candil will be back to the norm by 9/1. Did they get much damage? or did the hill provide enough of a buffer?
How bout Loco Joe's ?

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Boca Chica is fine .

All the properties on the beach are functioning . The sea is calm , no more big waves. They are cleaning the beach right now . A lot of sun . The sea level came to normal . Neptunos , Boca Marina , Pelicano are under construction . Pelicano restaurant was going to be remodeled anyway to make a deck even bigger . So all is set up and ready for you guys ;)

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks for the kind welcome

Loco Joe's was located next to the Bistro Caf?. Great to hear things are getting back to normal. 2 weeks and we will be back in Paradise !