cruise to samana

VinceD

Aug 10, 2006
Hi all. I'm planning on going on a cruise in November which will stop in Samana for the day. I know it's not much time to do a lot but I was hoping someone might have some suggestions for what we could do while there. Is there an especially good excursion to go on? I know it's famous for the whales. Do you think we would see any during November? I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks.
Vince D

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
1) November is not whale season, so that's not a possibility.

2) There will likely be offerings of trips to Limon Falls, Playa Rincon, Bacardi Island, etc. offered and while it might be an adventure to "hop a concho" (a small motorcycle taxi), I'm not sure I would actually recommend it for a first-time, one day visitor.

Have fun, the DR is a great country to visit.

Gregg

VinceD

Aug 10, 2006
while it might be an adventure to "hop a concho" (a small motorcycle taxi), I'm not sure I would actually recommend it for a first-time, one day visitor.

Gregg

Thanks for the good suggestions. I will look into it. I actually have been to DR before. We went last year to the capital and to Punta cana. We had a great time and even tried out a concho. Thanks for the warning. It was a little scary but the drivers usually know what they're doing. I will definitely look into the side trips that you recommended.

Thanks again,
Vince