best Dominican Boleristas

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Music has to be one of the main ingredient of culture. Since this site is dedicate to all things thing Dominican I have decite to start sa thread about our best Boleristas so those of you who dont know them can get a change and for those that do remember to relive the joy of their songs.
Our Boleristas have been with us as long as has the merengue. Cuando mis 4father daban serenatas era a ritmo de bolero. We Dominicanos have contribute to what today is call Bolero Cubano
Since I am quite you I cna only recall the bolereista that my grand father and father listen to as I was growing up in an extended family home.
My list is short and Hope those that know about our musichistory cna add to this post. Please help make a list.
No solo tinee que ser cantnates tmabien puedne ser compositores. En fin que haygan contribuido con el bolero como los conosemos hoy dia.

Alberto beltran
Lope balaguer
Camboy Estevez
Julito D'champs

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I like the older easy listening music - why don't you post some links so we can hear some stuff.

If none available, can this stuff be had in La Sirena, etc in Santiago. They seem to have a large collection and cheap too. I bought a CD of La Banda chula nd it was RD90 - andf it was un merengue ripiao'.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
To' pa' ti'.....

Music has to be one of the main ingredient of culture. Since this site is dedicate to all things thing Dominican I have decite to start sa thread about our best Boleristas so those of you who dont know them can get a change and for those that do remember to relive the joy of their songs.
Our Boleristas have been with us as long as has the merengue. Cuando mis 4father daban serenatas era a ritmo de bolero. We Dominicanos have contribute to what today is call Bolero Cubano
Since I am quite you I cna only recall the bolereista that my grand father and father listen to as I was growing up in an extended family home.
My list is short and Hope those that know about our musichistory cna add to this post. Please help make a list.
No solo tinee que ser cantnates tmabien puedne ser compositores. En fin que haygan contribuido con el bolero como los conosemos hoy dia.

Alberto beltran
Lope balaguer
Camboy Estevez
Julito D'champs
What about:

Fernando Casado
Ney Nilo
Omar Franco
Anthony Rios
Nini Caffaro
Anibal DePena
Ramon Leonardo

And the all time greatest: "SankyMikey", wahahahahahaha!!.

drny

Jun 12, 2007
e427756sl4e.jpg
This is "The Man" when it comes to boleros.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Camboy Estevez..... wow now that's really music for the "armargao"

Esta calle al final..........tiene su nombre............
Yeah I can agree es de amargado Pero eso es lo que hace la musica buena
If some of the guys posting are willing to add Ney Nilo then we can add Fausto Rey, Anthony Rios.but I wnated tosee if we cna get more of the artist de la epoca de la billonera or beyonera what ever the spelling.
como on I like the list that we are putting together. Gives me more names to get more music.
Se puede considerar a Jose Manuel Claderon como un tipo de bolero abachatiado?

Lady_Laura

Aug 21, 2007
Esta calle al final..........tiene su nombre............
Yeah I can agree es de amargado Pero eso es lo que hace la musica buena
If some of the guys posting are willing to add Ney Nilo then we can add Fausto Rey, Anthony Rios.but I wnated tosee if we cna get more of the artist de la epoca de la billonera or beyonera what ever the spelling.
como on I like the list that we are putting together. Gives me more names to get more music.
Se puede considerar a Jose Manuel Claderon como un tipo de bolero abachatiado?

LOL, There is this song also bolero for the "armagaos" I don't know who sings it. but I remember it goes like this.. "Eres un mal necesario"..... Does anybody knows who sings it or what year it came out? I was a little girl, it must have been in the late 70's. But I remember my aunt's boyfriend used to drink to that song, whenever they had a fight.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
El rencuentro de marino

Marino Perez from San Pedro

metrallame papi con una de esas canciones...............Morena yo bengo a buscater......morenea vamonos ya................Ahi caramba hay hombe ahy morena ahy bendito.....................Y como es qur tu me quiere mami....con el pecho y corazon con el pecho y el corazon........................
Yes Marino Perez is noted on this list.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I need a bit more to help you out!!!

LOL, There is this song also bolero for the "armagaos" I don't know who sings it. but I remember it goes like this.. "Eres un mal necesario"..... Does anybody knows who sings it or what year it came out? I was a little girl, it must have been in the late 70's. But I remember my aunt's boyfriend used to drink to that song, whenever they had a fight.

Si me puedes dar un poco mas de las letras so i can research I might find the year name of song and artist.
Gracias

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Eres un Mal Necesario para mi vida
Te amo y Aveces te odio Y no se porque
sin tu no estas yo me siento como una
ave herida Y si tu estas muchas veces
quiero que no estes.

Eres un mal necesario yo lo reconosco
pero haci yo lo siento que puedo hacer
tienes defectos que anadie le perdonaria
y sin embargo te quiero y no se porque.

CORO

Eres un mal mi amor que me hace bien
Jamas con nadie como tu sone
eres un mal que mas hace temblar a la
hora de amar.
Eres un mal que me hace bien contigo
siento mucho mas placer por eso solo por
eso tal vez te amo.

Eres un mal necesario admito confiezo
siempre maldigo la hora que te conoci
y algo escojido aveces mucho me arepiento
Bien dicho he visto el comienzo junto con el
fin.

Eres un mal necesario que triste es decirlo
te odio aveces te amo que yo puedo hacer
te he explicado te adoro con toda mi alma
eres la causa que odio con todo mi ser.

CORO

Eres un mal mi amor que me hace bien
Jamas con nadie como tu sone
eres un mal que mas hace temblar a la
hora de amar.
Eres un mal de amor que me hace bien contigo
siento mucho mas placer por eso solo por
eso tal vez te quiero te quieeerooooo.

is it this one Lady LAura?

urbanus

Apr 17, 2002
A finales de los 1960s o principios de los 1970s, el fenecido poeta y locutor Jesus Torres Tejeda declamo en una version grabada de la cancion popular "Rondando Tu Esquina" .
Quien podria ofrecer mas informacion sobre esto, donde comprar/conseguir esta version?.
Gracias.

urbanus

Apr 17, 2002
En 1971, el cantante Anthony Rios grabo su primer LP o album. Este contenia la cancion
"Pedazo a Pedazo" y otras. Este LP o album practicamente es imposible de encontrar.
Alguien puede decir algo mas sobre esto?.
Gracias.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have been recently enjoying thoroughly some bolero cubano by the Buena Vista Social Club and Omara Portuondo. Does anybody know if the referenced Dominican boleros are similar, and if not what would be some that are?