Gran Almirante

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
FYI, the pool at the Gran Almirante is temporarily closed while they work on the wood decks surrounding it. Well, actually, it is just drained and coated with sawdust, but I guess you could use it for shuffleboard or something else if you really wanted to...

The jacuzzi is not drained, but since it contains a few inches of sawdust I would not recommend using it either...

The best estimate I've received regarding when the work will be finished is sometime "la proxima semana".

Keep this in mind if you're heading here for a visit in the near future.

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
FYI, the pool at the Gran Almirante is temporarily closed while they work on the wood decks surrounding it. Well, actually, it is just drained and coated with sawdust, but I guess you could use it for shuffleboard or something else if you really wanted to...

The jacuzzi is not drained, but since it contains a few inches of sawdust I would not recommend using it either...

The best estimate I've received regarding when the work will be finished is sometime "la proxima semana".

Keep this in mind if you're heading here for a visit in the near future.

"La proxima semana" in Dominican means "we don't really know".

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
haha, yes, that was my interpretation as well. Oh well, I just hope it is finished before my next visit.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks for telling us that, i use their pool regularly. They just had some work done a few months ago. I bet they will finish it as soon as possible. Its a first class hotel in santiago.
AZB

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
AZB,
Yeah, I remember reading an old post from you about hanging out at the Gran Almirante pool, so I figured at least one person could benefit from las noticias. I too enjoy the pool, often there are some very nice sights to see. I wish they had done the work between my previous visit (July) and now, but I guess that is how things go. I'll be back in September, hopefully it will be done by then!!

Actually they appear to be moving right along, having replaced several wooden planks and in the process of sanding the whole deck. Don't know if they have more work planned besides the decks though.