DR vs. Online Drugs

BostonMike

Aug 24, 2007
This is by far the best website for info in DR!! So I'm wondering if you can help me out....

I plan to move to Dominican Republic next year. However, I am a Diabetic taking Metformin and Glyburide.

I will have no health coverage and will be living off of savings. (about 2 years)

My two options are either get my meds from a Online Canadian website such as Online drugs online pharmacy low cost drugs Canada get online drugs buy online pharmacy new low cost drugs Canada from www.globaldrugsdirect.com

Or buy them in the Dominican Republic. Can someone please give me an idea on how much these medications might cost over there?

I may be assigned to either El Cibao area or Barahona....

I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is by far the best website for info in DR!! So I'm wondering if you can help me out....

I plan to move to Dominican Republic next year. However, I am a Diabetic taking Metformin and Glyburide.

I will have no health coverage and will be living off of savings. (about 2 years)

My two options are either get my meds from a Online Canadian website such as Online drugs online pharmacy low cost drugs Canada get online drugs buy online pharmacy new low cost drugs Canada from www.globaldrugsdirect.com

Or buy them in the Dominican Republic. Can someone please give me an idea on how much these medications might cost over there?

I may be assigned to either El Cibao area or Barahona....

I would appreciate any advice, thanks!
I can't find my crystal ball this morning.
That's the problem with a crytal ball.
When you lose it, you need a crystal ball to find it, but you don't have one, because it's lost.
Know what I mean?

BostonMike

Aug 24, 2007
hmm... not really. I don't want to know the future prices just the current ones to have an idea. Thanks.

BostonMike

Aug 24, 2007
I'm sorry I didn't make it more obvious, I mentioned it at the beginning. Metformin and Glyburide. Thanks again.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm sorry I didn't make it more obvious, I mentioned it at the beginning. Metformin and Glyburide. Thanks again.
I must be friggin' blind.
Please excuse me.
Surely there are some diabetic DR1ers who will know the prices.
If you get no responses within a day or two, PM me and I'll try to enquire.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Understand you!!!

As a fellow diabetic, I understand you. I take the same meds. When I visit DR, I always bring mine. My brother in law, who lives in DR, is diabetic as well and tells me he purchases from any pharmacy.

Good luck and keep monitoring you blood levels every day!!!!

JohnYu

Aug 12, 2007
Yesterday in Puerto Plata, I bought Metfromin 500mg 30 tablets for RD $295 about $9.US

BostonMike

Aug 24, 2007
Yesterday in Puerto Plata, I bought Metfromin 500mg 30 tablets for RD $295 about $9.US

Thank you! This helps a lot.

If someone can give me a price for Glyburide that would be great. This drug is a less common than Metformin.

So far I'm leaning towards buying right in DR. Buying online is slightly cheaper but I prefer the peace of mind that my meds won't get lost in the mail.